┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐
ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇʀ
└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

So this is what it's really like on the other side, I though to myself

So this is what it's really like on the other side, I though to myself. I closed the gate behind me and carefully ran down the white rounded stairs. I quickened my pace as I heard loud cheering.

"Wait!"
I muttered to myself as if they'd suddenly stop.

I rushed past the fountain and through the last gate. I needed to get to the South end of the town. It's less crowded, and my parents wont be able to see me from there.

"Sorry."
I yelled over my shoulder, as I
almost crashed into an older man and
his wife. They gave me dirty look as
I continued to run towards the noise.

"Pardon me, sorry—
I squeezed past standing bodies, trying to
make my way to the smaller part of the village.
I could still see everything from there.

I slowed down as I glanced around the town. It looked just as I imagined. Sanded buildings and small fruit markets. It was simple and beautiful at the same time.

Very few people on this side, however, were actually watching for the King and Queen. In fact, they were knitting clothes and working outside. I never knew how poor my towns people were. I've been living with so many privileges, that I never took a second to think about those without any.

I watched the children as they ran barefoot, letting the brown dirt cover the soles of their feet. I noticed their mothers trying to cook a meal over a small fire while trying to keep an eye on their children.

why doesn't my father help these people. He has enough wealth for all of them to live. I had so many questions but only so little knowledge about my people.

I quickly lifted my hood after the wind blew it back, panting as I looked around to see if anyone noticed. It's a good thing they didn't. No one has necessarily seen me, but it was still a risk for young women to walk through the town alone.

"Watch where you step."
One man yelled as I nearly squashed
his pet turtle. I apologized in a low
voice, quickly walking away.

A hand grabbed onto my wrist, harshly pulling me back. I yanked my hand back and looked at the man who dared to touch me. His clothes were torn and his blonde hair looked as if it hasn't been washed in weeks.