24

Toni's POV

"So you got this text message earlier?" Sweet Pea asked as he looks at my screen. I nodded my head and the rest of the group looked at it. We were at the hospital, waiting for the doctor to tell us about Cheryl.

"I think us Serpents might be able to track it down." Jughead said and crossed his arms. "All it takes us a couple steps."

I nodded my head again. "But we don't know who this might lead to."

"I think I know." Betty said and we all looked up to her. "Veronica."

Archie grimaced. "What no way! We all know what happened to Veronica in the forest, and we promised to never bring it up again..." Archie was whispering now. "We may have never seen her die but there's no way she out ran him."

"Come on, Arch..." Reggie spoke this time. "You of all people should know that anything is possible in Riverdale and Veronica Lodge has her ways. With our luck, that bitch isn't dead."

"Probably." Kevin sighed. "And she did say we would regret it. Maybe she's coming back for revenge."

"But now?" I asked. "After 4 years?"

Fangs nodded. "She probably waited that long in order to make us think that we've won."

I sighed, not knowing what to say anymore. Veronica Lodge is back, possibly.

"Family for Cheryl Blossom?"

Mine and the other's head snapped up to see a doctor looking back at us with a notepad in his hand. We got up and went to him.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

The doctor nodded. "She's fine, now. But as for we caused it... we still don't know. We're running test. But you can see her, she's in room 205." He explained.

"Thank you." Fangs said and the doctor walked away as we went to Cheryl's room.

"Wait..." I said, before we went in. "Should I tell her about Veronica?"

Sweet Pea shook his head. "It might stress her out. So I would say no."

I nodded my head. Maybe that was for the best. I think. We all walked in.

"TT!" Cheryl chirped as she saw me. Her bright smile, instantly made me feel better. Like all my worries were washed away.

"Hey, Cher." I went by her bedside and held her hand. "How are you feeling?"

"Honestly?" She asked. She sounded a little drugged up. "Better."

Well better was better than nothing.

4 hours later...

Everyone had gone out now to go home while I stayed here with Cheryl. I'm glad she was doing better. I'm glad the baby was okay.

I sat down on the chair by Cheryl's bedside as she slept. I was getting a little tired as well. But then suddenly I felt really, really tired. Like it just hit me.

My eye lids felt like metal. My breathing was getting heavy and I heard the sound of a small hissing sound like a gas leak but I was too tired to even think at this point.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder. Ummmm.... what? I turned around. I saw someone looking at me, my eyes adjusted and suddenly my heart felt like it dropped fricking 6 feet under.

"Hiss, hiss, motherfucker." Veronica. Yes, VERONICA said before putting a gas mask over my nose and mouth. I tried to yell out but she had a tight hold on me. As I kept breathing, I was getting sleepier. But then I felt a sharp pain to my side. Blood that was all I saw oozing out of me. "Sssshhhh..." She caressed my cotton candy pink hair. "Just go to sleep."

[Cheryl's POV]

I woke up to the sound of a hiss, almost like there was a gas pipe that broke. It was long after before I heard the sound of muffled screaming and movement. Wait... isn't Toni here?! I looked over to my side and saw Toni on the floor, half conscious with blooding leaking out of her I was about to say something before I felt a needle collide with my veins. I looked over to the other side where the pinch had occurred.

"Veronica..."

"Don't worry, Cheryl." She smirked. "It'll be over before you know it. Pretty soon you'll forget all about Toni Topaz and will just remember and will think that your and Toni's kids are ours."

My eyes widened.

This was giving me flashbacks to the Sister's of Quiet Mercy.

We may have just lost our battle against Veronica.