5

VERONICA'S POV

I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly scurried to open it, knowing who it was. "Reggie." I greeted the oversized jock.
He nodded. "Veronica." I could tell he was as nervous as I was. Probably even more.
"Come in." I moved aside so he could come in. He did. I closed the door. "So... you wanted to talk."
"Yeah." He said. "I did. About what happened last week..."
"It was a mistake." I said, quickly.
"Maybe for you." He said, catching me off guard. "Look, I know you're with Cheryl but, Veronica... I'm in love with you. I have been since I first laid eyes on you, when you moved from New York to Riverdale."
"I love you too, Reggie." I even surprised myself when I said that. It was true but I had a girlfriend. "But Cheryl..." I sighed.
"I know." Reggie quickly said. We both looked into each other's eyes, probably more than we should have.
"Screw that."

CHERYL'S POV

I had to go pick up Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs, and surprisingly it was only 8:15. I expected us to be in later. After conversing about the most random things with them, I pulled up to the driveway of my house. Car was parked outside the gate and another car inside the gate. The car inside is obviously Veronica since the license plate reads LODGE.
We all got off to go inside. I pulled out my keys and opened the door. Clothes and shoes were scattered at the doorway.
"Cher, whose are these." Toni asked, almost tripping on a shoe. I keep telling her to watch where she goes.
I shook my head about to say I didn't know but that was until I saw a Bulldogs varsity jacket. That could either be Archie, Reggie or Moose since they all wear those jackets.
A small moan, caught all our attentions and I was slowly walking up the stairs to the bedroom, the rest following me. I opened the door to the bedroom. MY bedroom and what I saw would make me hate Veronica and Reggie forever.
Reggie was on top of Veronica, making hickeys on her neck. They were both naked but the covers were on them, so I wouldn't get scared for life.
"What the fuck!" I yelled. They stopped and looked at me. Both of their mouths, open.
"Cheryl! It isn't what it looks like." Veronica tried to weakly defend herself.
"Save it, Lodge! I don't want to hear it! We're over!" I stormed out the room and back to the living room. Toni followed me while Sweet Pea and Fangs stayed there.
"That's seriously messed up." I heard Fangs say.
"Cheryl!" Toni called from behind me.
I stopped in my tracks and turned around. My mascara was all over my face. Toni hugged me and I hugged back.
"It hurts, T. I though she was the one." I cried in her shoulder, as she gently rubbed circles on my back in order to comfort me.
"I know, Cher. I know how it feels." Toni said. And it was true. Months ago, her now ex girlfriend, cheated on her with some guy. It took her months to get over it, but I would visit her daily. "We'll get through it. We'll get through it together, babe."
And for the first time in a long time. I felt safe. Safer than ever.