17

Toni's POV

I was in pain. But not just any pain. Excruciating pain. I felt like I could barely move. I mean, Veronica and her mob did beat me up pretty bad. I'm lucky I'm not dead. Or maybe I've just held on so the people I care about wouldn't suffer. People like Sweet Pea... Jughead... Fangs... Cheryl. All I wanted was to be back in her arms again and have this whole nightmare end.

Thank fully Reggie Mantle came to my rescue. He was suppose to be the school's jackass but he's not that bad, I suppose. Not if he rescued me. He could have just left me there because he's together with Veronica. He's a good guy.

Me and Reggie ran through the woods for what felt like forever. Well we limped, because he was helping me walk. We finally reached the end. It was by the lake.

I heard a sudden noise, like someone was following us. "Did you hear that?" I asked Reggie.

He nodded. But then his eyes widened in fear. "Do you think..."

I shook my head. "I don't know. I doubt they'd catch up to us that fast."

He nodded but I could tell he wasn't fully convinced. Hell neither was I. But that changed when a growl came from behind us. We both turned around, slowly. We saw a creature. Like a demon.

Our eyes widened and we stepped back. Another noise was made when we heard someone running through the forest.

"Crap," Reggie said. "Go that way." He pointed to the right.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me. Save yourself Toni and tell Cheryl I'm sorry for what I caused between her and Veronica." He said, sincerely.

I nodded my head and ran into the direction he said. Seconds later, I heard a gun shot. And then another one followed it.

-
-

Cheryl's POV

It happened so fast. So pay attention.

The gang met me at the Pembroke and then I saw Hiram Lodge run from the back to the forest. I figured since Veronica had Toni, I would have to get her dad until she handed me my girlfriend. So I ran after him. I left my group of friends back. I had a gun on my belt. Yeah, I wasn't in my classic Cheryl Bombshell clothes. I looked like a trained Assassin.

I followed Hiram but I made sure not to get too close to him or else he would know I was there. After a couple miles later, I hid behind a tree when I saw him stop. By him I saw Reggie Mantle on the floor. He was panting.

"Why are you doing this?!" Reggie yelled.

"I'm doing this for my daughter." He responded.

"So what," Reggie asked. "You help your daughter take innocent girls and torture them just because she's jealous of them?!" He was furious. Even I could see it.

"Yes, because I love my daughter." He pulled up the gun and aimed it at Reggie's head. "Good bye Reginald."

Before he could shoot the gun to finish Reggie, my foot moved which made a crunch on one of the branches. I gasped as they both turned their heads.

"Cheryl..." Reggie muttered.

Hiram just held up his gun and shot. Luckily I was somehow saw it before it actually happened so I ducked. The bullet made a hole in the middle of the tree. I pulled out my gun like an Assassin's blade. I didn't hesitate. I shot Hiram, where he was going to shoot Reggie... in his head.

I had killed him. And Veronica was next.

-
-

Toni's POV

I was tired. I had been running for miles. My legs ached and my head span. A bullet flew through the tree besides me causing me to turn around. I saw my least favorite person. Veronica Lodge.

She smirked, "I thought I told you... I always win."