9

*North And South groupchat*

Kevin: in order to properly welcome the Serpents I think we should throw a party

Betty: I for once, agree.

Veronica: We could have it at the Pembroke

Sweet Pea: Yeah, that's not gonna work

Veronica: Why not?

Toni: Because you're dad wants the Serpents gone

Fangs: He hates us, Lodge.

Veronica: Okay... how about the Speakeasy

Cheryl: How about not? We'll have it a Thistlehouse

Josie: I'm down for that!

Jughead: Same here!

Toni: Yup

Cheryl: Great!

Veronica: You know Cheryl, we were doing just fine before you showed up

Cheryl: Oh, what's wrong, Lodge? Can't have the fact that I came to save your party?

Veronica: You didn't come to save anything! We don't need your help

Cheryl: And I don't need you to talk to me, but here we are.

Veronica: You're still on that.

Archie: In all fairness you did chat on her

Cheryl & Veronica: Shut up!

Veronica: I know what I did! I screwed up okay!

Cheryl: I. Don't. Care. Now if you don't mind I have better things than to talk to a snake (No offense to Toni, Sweet Pea, And Fangs.) It's just a figure of speech.

Toni: None take, Cher

Sweet Pea: We Get It, Veronica is a snake.

Fangs: But she'll never be a Serpents. She's not worthy.

-
-

*Chat between Toni and Cheryl*

Toni: Cheryl are you okay?

Cheryl: I'm fine why do you ask?

Toni: Well I can see you crying from outside your window....

Cheryl: Are you... stalking me?!

Toni: No, I just bought Pops to cheer you up.

Toni: I'm outside btw

Cheryl: It's open.

-
-

TONI'S POV

I walked in through the big doors that belonged to Thistle house. "Cheryl?" I called up the stairs since the last place I saw her was through her bedroom window.
"Up here!" I heard her call back.
I ran up the stairs, with the bag making crinkling noises as it swung from me running. I walked through the bedroom.
"Hey, Cher-Cher." I said. She smiled at the nickname I gave her when we were only 5 years old. "How are you?" I asked.
"Good." She responded. "I just... I don't want to be reminded of what... she did." Cheryl had gotten to the point where she couldn't say Veronica's name anymore. "Almost everyone in my life has hurt me... my mother, my father... I thought I could trust her... like I trust you and your brothers... and I did... and it was the worst decision of my life because next thing I know, I see her with Reggie Mantle, of all people."
"Cheryl." I hugged her and she hugged me tightly, crying into my chest.
She pulled back all of a sudden. "Toni... there's something I need to tell you." She said. And she looked a little scared and worried.
"Yeah, you can tell me anything." I gave her a comforting smile. It was true. She could tell me anything in the world.
Finally she spoke, again. "I... love you."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "I love you too." I was oblivious to what she meant.
"No, TT... I LOVE you." She made sure to say Love louder. Oh. Now I know what she meant.
Instead of speaking, I kissed her. She kissed me back and before I knew it we were taking off each other's clothes...