| 12 |

"Where were you last night?" Elestren asked the moment she saw Elena walked into the packhouse where she was invited to have breakfast

"Asks the one who went MIA ever since she found her mate," Elena's eyes gleamed as she teased  Elestren. "Morning everyone!" Elena took an empty seat which was beside Diana.

"Stop dodging the question, I called you for like hundreds of times!" Elestren raised her hands in exaggeration.

"Three times," Elena cocked her head, "you called me three times at two PM. I was asleep of course, unlike someone else." 

Diana chuckled beside her when Elestren bushed. 

Elena straightened her back when she saw Fryer enter the dining room. Yesterday even ran in her mind and she wondered just what exactly was this man was made off. There is no way someone would be this unaffected if their mate died unless everything she heard was wrong. Elena shook her head. She better collect more information before coming to a conclusion. 

All the pack members who were there stood up and gave a small bow in respect including Elestren. Elena watched her with a raised eyebrow, amusement visible in her eyes but she remained seated. It was just too much fun teasing him.  

Fryer looked at Elena who was still seated and internally growled. He wanted to rip this girl for not showing him any respect. He stopped his thought and sat on his seat at the head of the chair. Everyone followed him and sat back. 

The pack omegas started to serve the breakfast making Elena furious. She hated this. The fact that some of the pack members were treated like servants made her blood boil but she was not one to question. She was not part of this pack so she held her anger and stared at the food that was served. 

"You all are going to eat meat even at breakfast?" she looked at them questioningly and fell back in her chair in disappointment when she saw multiple head nods. 

"Lucky you all and unlucky me," She muttered under her breath, "I can't eat meat!"

She used to eat meat until she was reminded of a memory she had long forgotten. Now, she couldn't even take a small bite from it without throwing up. 

"Eat or don't eat!" Fryer said in irritation.

Elestren looked at Elena worriedly seeing how she was glaring at Fryer. "you haven't eaten anything yesterday as well. Let me make something for you!"

Elestren stood up ready to go into the kitchen knowing Elena could not even boil an egg let alone cook something but Fryer interjected. "sit! We only eat what is served."

Elena's hands twitched towards the fork placed in front of her. It will take her mere seconds to pick that fork and put it in between his eyes. Elestren who noticed the look on her face called her name in worry. "El...Elena!"

She knew more than anyone that Elena was not someone who cared about the title. If someone got on her bad side, it meant death for him, alpha or not. 

Elena sigh and smiled at her reassuringly. "Don't worry! I'm not that stupid!"