Chapter 72

Today I am getting married to the love of my life. Two years ago today I met Niall Horan, and my life has not been the same ever since. This rollercoaster of a relationship has been crazier than I had ever imagined. We've had our ups and our downs, but luckily we always got back on the right track. I don't know what I would do without Niall, and I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

   A scream interrupts my happy thoughts.

   "I CAN'T FIND HER SHOES!" Lindsey shrieks, running frantically through the room, making a mess of everything. Horror makes its way onto everyone's face except for mine.

   "Lindsey," I say calmly. "You put them on the shelf in the closet."

   "OH MY GOD THANK YOU!" She breathes, running to the closet. She grabs my shoes and sets them down next to me. I would put them on now, but I'm getting my hair done and I don't want to move and accidentally mess everything up.

   "Elissa, where did the bouquets get put?" someone asks from behind me.

   "I think they're downstairs in the kitchen," I say, completely guessing. I honestly have no idea where they are. I hope they're somewhere. Whoever asked runs out the door and goes to find the bouquets. Good luck.

   Lou finishes doing my hair and it's just beautiful. I get up to give her a hug, but she stops me.

   "Don't do anything that will even possibly mess up your hair. That is a work of art," she says. I sigh and sit back down in the chair. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. Lou is so good at hair and makeup. My eyes then go to the clock on the wall. One hour until I'll be walking down the aisle. The thought makes me absolutely giddy.

   "Get the dress," Lou says to no one in particular. I hear feet shuffling as girls fight to be the one to bring my dress to Lou. Lindsey either wins or uses her maid of honor status, so she delivers the dress. Lou ushers me into the bathroom to help me get my dress on. I would do it by myself, but she doesn't want me messing up my hair, of course. But the help is nice, I suppose.

   It takes a couple minutes to get the dress over my head (without touching my hair of course), and then Lou spends a couple minutes making sure it's the perfect amount of poofy. She squeals in delight when she takes in the sight of me all done up.

   "You're the most beautiful bride I have ever seen," she whispers, hugging me.

   "Lou, my hair," I say, trying not to laugh. She gasps and pulls away immediately.

   "I'm so sorry. Oh my god I could have messed it up! Well let's show the girls how great you look," she says. I smile and we exit the bathroom. I made sure to tell the photographer to get a shot of all the bridesmaids faces when they first see me all done up. It's going to be an amazing picture. All the girls' faces are priceless.

   "You are the prettiest sister anyone could ever have," Claire says. Everyone quickly agrees and starts telling me how great I look. Some of the girls are even crying. I have to look away because I'm about to start crying too, and Lou would never forgive me for ruining my makeup.

   At this point, my parents all walk in, and then it just turns into a cry-fest. My mom and stepmom instantly start crying, and my dad and stepdad are close behind.

   "Guys, you all need to stop crying before I start," I say, my voice cracking. Everyone tries wiping their tears away, and soon everyone is calmed down.

   "I've got something for you guys," I say to my parents. Lindsey hands me the picture frames, and I have to hold back tears. I got people to get pictures of me and each parent while we weren't paying attention, and the results were stunning. On the back of each picture I wrote a bit about how I'll always love them and be their little girl. I give the pictures to each respective parent, and they just tear up again.

   "Guys, you seriously need to stop," I say, feeling a tear fall down my own cheek. Lou squeals and grabs a tissue.

   "ELISSA!" She dabs at the tear and makes sure it didn't mess up my makeup.

   "Sorry Lou," I say with a little laugh.

   I give my parents hugs and then it's time for them to take their seats outside. They leave and I walk over to the window in the room that overlooks where the ceremony is going to take place. I see everyone chatting, and I laugh when I see a couple of my old friends from Utah freaking out as they talk with Justin Bieber. Niall insisted on inviting him because apparently they've been friends for a while. Whatever.

   Somehow we got a lot of other famous people to come. Simon Cowell, Ed Sheeran, all of Little Mix, and Katy Perry are just a few of the celebrities here. They're all people we've just become buddies with throughout mine and Niall's crazy careers.

   When there's about 20 minutes until the procession starts, all the groomsmen start coming in. So just the rest of One Direction and one of Niall's cousins (we had to add an extra groomsman because we had one more bridesmaid than groomsmen). They all come and give me hugs and tell me I look beautiful. Man, I'm going to be crying before the ceremony even starts.

   Tyler comes in next and he just freaks out.

   "Elissa you look fabulous!" he cries, squeezing me. Lou freaks out because he accidentally touches my hair.

   "Now don't you cry on me too," I scold as tears start to form in Tyler's eyes.

   "Niall is one lucky man," Tyler says, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I can't believe my best friend is getting married to Niall Horan. This is crazy."

   "It's time!" someone calls from downstairs. My heart starts racing as the groomsmen and bridesmaids pair up. We all go downstairs, and then the procession begins.

   I watch as the bridesmaids and groomsmen take their places, and then I watch adorable little Theo take up the rings, with Lacey right behind him, scattering pink rose petals for me. When it's my turn, I take a deep breath and turn to Tyler.

   "Ready?" he asks. I nod. He holds out his arm and I grip it tightly. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm super nervous. I just hope people don't judge me for having Tyler walk me down the aisle. I didn't want to have to choose between my dad and my stepdad because they pretty much played the same role in raising me, so I chose my best guy friend instead. Tyler was ecstatic when I asked him.

   We get the signal to start walking, so I put on my best smile and start the slow walk down the aisle, towards my almost-husband. Everyone stands, and when Niall sees me, a huge grin spreads across his beautiful face. I am one lucky girl.

   When I'm finally across from Niall at the altar, the guy starts talking, and I honestly don't listen to a word he says until it's time to say the "I do's".

   "Do you, Elissa Andersen, take Niall James Horan to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

   "I do." Niall gives me another grin as he slips my ring onto my finger.

   "Do you, Niall James Horan, take Elissa Andersen to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

   "I do." I return Niall's grin as I slip his ring onto his finger.

   "You may now kiss the bride."

   "Gladly," Niall whispers before taking my face in his hands and pressing his lips against mine. He kisses me like he is never going to let me go.