Chapter 67

When I finally bring myself to talk to Niall, I tell him that I just need a bit of time to myself. I make sure he knows I want to fix this, but I just need space. I tell him he should go visit his family, and he only hesitantly agrees to go. For the sake of Tyler's sanity (this has been driving him crazy), I drive Niall to the airport and drop him off. We've got to start somewhere, right?

   But when I get home from the airport, I realize that I really don't want Niall gone for so long. He's only going to be in Ireland for three weeks, but that seems like forever already. I just need to distract myself so I'm not thinking about it. I decide to call up Tristan, the mom of that little girl I met while I was getting froyo a while ago. She sounds really surprised that I actually called her. I invite her and Myra, her daughter, to my house to hang out, and she gladly obliges.

   When Tristan and Myra get here, I walk outside to greet them, and Myra runs to me and hugs me. Ugh, she is so cute! I have them come inside and settle in while I grab ice cream and bowls from the kitchen.

   While we eat our ice cream, Tristan and I get to know each other. I find out that her ex, Myra's dad, left the two as soon as Myra was born and hasn't been heard from since. Tristan has been on her own ever since because her parents disowned her when they found out she got pregnant and she was still in high school.

   Myra runs around the house and finds little things to keep her entertained. She gets into Tyler's stuff, but she's too cute to get after, so I let her destroy his room. I'll just clean it for him.

   "So you're dating Niall Horan, right?" Tristan asks at one point. I tense up a little bit at the unexpected question, but I can give a solid answer to relationship questions now that I've sorted things out with Niall for the most part.

   "Yeah. Can you keep a secret?" I ask. I feel like someone besides Lindsey and Tyler needs to know about mine and Niall's recent...fallout. She nods and I explain the events of the last week and a half or so.

   "So you completely ignored him for a week, and would have kept it going if he hadn't been in your house when you got home?" she confirms. I sigh and nod slowly, now realizing how extreme of a reaction that was to the situation.

   "It was really extreme, but in all honesty, it's probably what I would have done as well. I've always been a bit dramatic, and I'm just guessing that you're a bit dramatic yourself?" she states more than asks.

   "I suppose I am. Especially when I'm at one of my concerts or around cool people. I still have pre-fame jitters, so I get weird around people that actually have status," I admit. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to it."

   "Well you're doing a pretty good job from what I've seen of you on TV and online. You haven't gone absolutely nuts like some other stars out there," Tristan reassures me. I keep the feeling to myself, but I get kind of giddy when she compares me to other stars. I never thought I'd be a star myself, and here I am.

   We spend the rest of the afternoon and evening talking and watching Myra play. I think I'm going to get some more child-friendly stuff for my house. I think I'll be inviting Tristan and Myra over a lot now. Myra is too adorable to not have over, and Tristan and I are becoming fast friends.

   After we've said goodbye and they've left, I go inside and change into sweats and a t-shirt. I'm really not in the mood to do anything, and although it's only 8:30, I crawl into bed and fall asleep, thinking about how different my relationship with Niall is going to be now.

   Two weeks later is Christmas eve. As soon as I wake up in the morning, I know what I have to do. I can't spend Christmas without the love of my life. I run into Tyler's room and jump on his bed to wake him up.

   "TYLER!" I scream, making him practically jump out of bed.

   "You better have a good fucking reason for waking me up at 8:15 on a weekend," he groans, burying his head in his pillow. I sigh in frustration and start jumping again.

   "Tyler get up! I'm flying to Ireland today, so you better freaking get up!" I yell. Tyler jolts up again and looks at me in confusion.

   "Why the hell are you flying to Ireland?" he asks, bewildered.

   "Tyler, I love Niall more than anything, and we both know that. I can't not spend Christmas with him. He's the love of my life, and I'm not spending the holiday without him. I'm going to pack right now and you're going to book me a flight to Ireland. Get up!"

   "Yes ma'am!" Tyler says excitedly. I know he is 100% rooting for me and Niall, so I'm sure he's ecstatic that this is happening.

   I go up into my room and grab a duffel bag out of my closet. This is so last minute that I'm not going to bother getting really into my packing process. I throw random clothes and shoes into the duffel bag until it's barely able to be zipped. I make sure that my phone charger is in my purse, and then I run downstairs, dragging my bag behind me.

   I throw my stuff in my car and then go back inside. Tyler is printing off my boarding passes in the office, and I'm horrified to find that my flight leaves in less than two hours. I grab my passes from Tyler and give him a hug before running out of the house. I speed to the airport and run inside.

   By the time I'm all checked in and gone through security, my flight has already started boarding. I get in line and very impatiently wait to get on the plane. I swear a line has never moved so slow in the history of airports. Or maybe I'm just anxious. Too bad I'm going to be traveling for almost 24 hours. I'll get to Niall's house around 8:30 Christmas morning.

   I'm one of the last people on the plane, and once everything is all set for take off, we leave the terminal. And I am on my way to Ireland.

________________________________________

Hey guys I'm back! I know it's been a bit longer than I expected, but I've been busier than I expected. I got to Alaska on Friday night, and the old computer crashed and we just got the new laptop set up last night. So I stayed up and worked on this a little bit last night. I know it's short, but I felt obligated to at least publish something After weeks of absence. I hope you all like it! I'm not even going to guarantee that I'll be posting more often, because I have no idea. I got a job at McDonald's and I start this weekend, so we'll have to see what my schedule is...

Guess what? There are 2 hot baseball players and 2 hot British soccer players staying at my house right now. IT'S AMAZING. I have kind of a thing with one of the baseball guys, and I'm sure it will get even better in the next 3 1/2 weeks they're here. It's going to be great.

Vote, comment, and be amazing! I love you all! :)