Chapter 45

A little before midnight is when Niall calls me. I decided that I'm going to tell him tonight, but I don't want to do it over the phone. I ask him if we can Skype and he says it's fine so I turn on my computer. A minute later I'm looking at Niall's beautiful face on my computer screen. And he immediately notices that something is wrong.

   "Elissa, what's going on?" he asks sternly. I sigh and I have to look away from the screen so I don't start crying. Niall waits- patiently or not, I don't know- while I take a minute to compose myself.

   "Niall, I know we've never really talked about it before, but do you want kids?" I ask quietly. He gives me a curious look before replying.

   "I would love to have kids, but I don't know if I'm ready for that right now," he says. That's exactly what I feared. I can't hide the tears that start streaming down my cheeks. I involuntarily let out a sob, and Niall freaks out.

   "What's wrong? I didn't know you wanted kids right now, I'm so sorry if that's why you're crying. I don't know how I can make you feel better," he rants. He keeps going on and on and finally I just have to interrupt him.

   "Niall, I'm pregnant," I say, barely above a whisper. He instantly goes quiet and stares at me in shock. The expression quickly turns to anger.

   "You cheated on me? How could you!" he yells. I gasp.

   "Niall! I would never cheat on you and you know it! We didn't use protection, remember? We were too caught up in the moment to think about it," I say bitterly. I can't believe he would accuse me of cheating on him! He's silent for almost a full five minutes.

   "Elissa, I'm so sorry. It... it just surprised me. I know you would never cheat on me. I just don't know what to say. I'm not ready for this, and I'm so, so sorry. What are we going to do?" He whispers the last part sadly and I want to cry.

   "I don't know," I whisper back.

   "Does anyone else know?" Niall asks after a minute.

   "Tyler and Lindsey were at the doctor's with me when I found out, so they're the only other ones that know. I haven't told my mom and I don't know how or when I will. She'll be so disappointed in me and I'm scared of what her reaction will be."

   "If it's okay with you, I think we should keep this mostly to ourselves for now. I don't know if I'll tell the guys yet. I'll probably wait a while..." he trails off, already deep in thought.

   "That's fine with me. No one else really needs to know about it yet. I'll have to tell Michelle about it eventually, but I won't for a while."

   We spend a few minutes talking about who we'll tell first and how we'll tell them and just everything to do with revealing to the world that the one and only Niall Horan got his girlfriend pregnant after dating her for less than a year. The media is going to go crazy over this. And I am not excited at all.

    After we say our goodbyes and hang up, Tyler comes into my room.

   "How'd he take it?" he asks softly. I once again feel like I'm going to cry, but I hold back, just for Tyler's sake. I don't need him crying too.

   "Before I told him he told me he isn't ready for kids. But when I told him he seemed to take it well enough. He wasn't overly excited, but he didn't seem mad," I say, deciding to leave out the part where Niall accused me of cheating. Tyler would get pissed off and probably call Niall and yell at him. And I don't want that to happen. I feel bad lying to Tyler, but oh well...

   "Well that's good. I just wanted to make sure he didn't end things with you. You guys are seriously everyone's OTP right now. I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed, but we'll talk tomorrow, okay?"

   "Okay. Goodnight," I say. Tyler hugs me and then gets up and leaves, shutting my door behind him. I curl up in bed and try to make myself warm with all my blankets, but it's hard without Niall. And tonight it just seems worse. I fall asleep thinking of possible names for the baby.

   The next day is my doctor's appointment to find out more about the baby. I'm silent on the car ride there, despite Tyler's attempts at conversation. He eventually gives up, but I can tell he just really wants to talk. He's not a quiet person at all.

   When we get to the doctor's office I get to meet my new baby doctor. Her name is Dr. Ryan and she's really nice. We do a bunch of tests and stuff just to make sure the fetus is doing okay so far. Dr. Ryan is surprised that I went a whole month without knowing I was pregnant. I'm a little surprised myself, to be honest. The only really interesting thing that happens is that Dr. Ryan gives me a due date. My baby should be here on March 1st of 2020. This is going to be a long eight more months.

   Tyler takes me out to lunch again, and then we spend the rest of the day just hanging out around the house. Nothing too exciting happens. Niall calls around midnight like he always does, but nothing out of the ordinary happens, unfortunately. I'm going to need some excitement in my life soon or I am going to go crazy.

_____________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. I didn't know how to really continue the chapter so I just ended it. And I've been dealing with some personal stuff. My mom found out that I cut so she's making me go to counseling so I'm not happy about that. But whatever.

I hope you guys are enjoying this. I know there's not a whole lot of a storyline, but it gets more exciting I promise! It's a little more than halfway over at this point, I think, but we'll see how things end up. Vote and comment!