Chapter 18 ~ Regrets

I wake up the next morning in just my underwear. What? Why didn't I put pajamas on? My head is killing me. I should not have gone to the club last night. I don't remember anything after talking to Kyle, but it's obvious I got pretty drunk. I am never doing that again.

   I stretch out my legs and jump when my foot touches someone. I look over and gasp when I see Harry Styles asleep next to me in nothing but boxers. Oh my god, did I sleep with Harry? This is not good. Oh geez. What am I going to tell Niall?

   "HARRY!" I practically scream, hitting him with a pillow.

   "What the hell was that for?" he asks, annoyed. He sits up and gives me a weird look when he sees my horror-filled expression.

   "Why the hell are you asleep in my bed, mostly naked? That's the bigger question!" I say angrily.

   "Do you not remember last night? Were you really that drunk?"

   "I remember nothing after I was at the bar talking to the bartender. What happened last night? Tell me exactly what happened," I demand.

   "Well, you were getting crazy at the club, so I brought you home and took you to your room. I was about to call a taxi and leave, but then you grabbed my wrist and asked me not to go. You unbuttoned my shirt and took it off of me. I told you that you should stop and that we shouldn't do that, but you kissed me. I tried to get away at first, but you were good," he says with a smirk.

   "AND?"

   "And so I let you kiss me and I kissed you back. You pulled me onto the bed and we mostly stripped, as you can see," he says, eyeing my body. I snatch the covers from him and cover myself. "I would have fucked you, but you wouldn't let me. So don't worry about that."

   "Oh thank god! But how am I going to tell Niall?" I panic.

   "Do you want me to tell him?" Harry asks. I shake my head.

   "He needs to hear it from me."

   "Whatever you say, Elissa. I'm gonna get out of here. Good luck with Niall," Harry says, putting his clothes back on and leaving without another word. I cannot believe that this just happened. Did I seriously just cheat on the man I've been in love with for six years? Oh geez. I'll have to tell Niall tonight when we Skype.

   When I hear the front door open and close I get out of bed and put on some clothes. I go and get myself breakfast and text my boss and tell him I'm going to be late. After breakfast I take some aspirin for my headache and do my hair and makeup.

   When I get to work my boss asks me what happened. He knows about Ella, so I tell him that I needed to get out, so I went to a club and got a little too drunk. He just sighs and tells me to go start working, and I manage to avoid talking to people the rest of the day.

   That night when I'm getting my pajamas on, I'm thinking about what I did. How could I cheat on Niall? He's going to hate me so much. I couldn't live on knowing he couldn't forgive me, but if he does forgive me I'll still feel absolutely awful.

   Right as tears start streaming down my face, Niall Skype calls me.

   "Elissa, what's wrong?" he asks, worried, as soon as I answer the call. I let out a sob, not being able to admit my wrong.

   "I messed up, Niall. I messed up bad," I say shakily. I tell him what happened, and he listens, silent. When I'm done confessing there's a minute of silence.

   "Elissa, I forgive you. Harry called me and told me what happened earlier. You weren't yourself, and I should have been there for you. You're not okay right now because of what happened to Ella, and I wish so badly that I could be there with you. You just needed someone, and the someone that was there for you just wasn't me,"  Niall says softly.