Chapter 69

Elissa's POV

   We're back. Nissa is back on, and I couldn't be happier. When we explained everything to Niall's family, they were so happy for us. They didn't even care that I had called off the engagement; they were all just ecstatic that we were still getting married.

   I spend all of Christmas morning/afternoon hanging out with Niall's family while they finish opening all their presents and eating breakfast. It's entertaining watching all the little kids run around with their shiny new toys. I haven't been in a house this crazy on Christmas since I was in my early teens and I was spending the holidays with all of my family.

   When everyone is calmed down and ready to just hang out the rest of the day, Niall takes me up to his room. I sit down on his bed and sigh. I look up at Niall and he's staring at me like he's seeing an angel.

   "What?" I ask defensively.

   "You're so beautiful," he says with a goofy smile.

   "Niall, I look like crap. Do you see me right now?" I ask incredulously. I'm a mess. I'm in sweats and an old volleyball sweater, and my hair is in a grossly messy bun. I have no makeup on, and I look super tired, which I am, but that's not the point.

   "Elissa, it doesn't matter what you're wearing or how you've done your hair. You will always be beautiful to me," he replies, sitting down next to me. He takes my hand in his and places a soft kiss on each of my fingertips.

   "Niall," I whisper, tears welling up in my eyes.

   "What's wrong, babe?" he asks softly.

   "I missed you so much," I manage to choke out. Niall wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. I bury my head in his chest and let the tears flow. I don't know how I forced myself to end things with Niall. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. But now everything is okay.

   I must have cried myself to sleep, because I wake up later, alone in Niall's room. I'm fumbling around for my phone to check the time when Niall comes in.

   "Morning, Sleeping Beauty," he says with a grin. Morning? I finally find my phone and discover that it's 7:30 the next morning. I must have been more exhausted than I thought. I feel bad for sleeping so long.

   "I'm so sorry, Ni. It was rude of me to sleep through dinner and-"

   "It's okay. I told everyone you were just really tired from all the traveling. And I figured it was somewhat true because I know you don't sleep very well on planes, and it's a lot of plane time from LA to here. Everyone is really understanding, I promise," Niall explains. Thank goodness. I don't want his family thinking I'm stuck-up or something.

   It turns out that Niall and I are the first ones awake. Niall tells me that everyone stayed up late watching movies last night so they probably won't be up for a while.

   I'm all dressed and ready for the day around 8:15, so I sit on the couch, not really sure what to do. Niall suggests that we go for a walk, so I grab some boots out of my duffel bag and we head out.

   We hold hands and walk through the snowy neighborhood. We pass kids playing happily in the snow, and I don't know if Niall's thinking it too, but it makes me imagine our future children playing in the snow the morning after Christmas. I hope that's a memory that I'll someday have.

   We end up in a little park and we sit on the swings and sway in silence.

   "Niall?" I say quietly after a while.

   "Hm?"

   "Are we going to have kids?" I ask shyly. It's kind of a sensitive subject, but it needs to be discussed.

   "Of course we'll have kids. I know you wants kids, and I want them too. I may not be ready for kids right this minute, but it won't be too long before I'm ready to settle down with you and have a family," he answers. I smile, knowing that I've picked the right guy to be with the rest of my life.

   We eventually head back to Niall's house, where everyone is finally awake and eating breakfast. Everyone says hello when we walk in, and we decide to sit and socialize with the family, instead of going back up to Niall's room. I don't want to be a rude house guest. Especially since I'm not technically part of the family yet.

   After a couple days, Niall and I say goodbye to the rest of Niall's family and we head back to the States to go to New York (to visit a couple friends) and then LA. While we're on the plane to New York, Niall and I decide it's time to officially let the public know we're engaged. Rumors have been swirling, but neither of us has said anything about it yet. There's been a surprisingly small amount of pictures of my ring out there considering how many big events I've been to.

   We get our phones out and get on the plane's wifi to make the big announcement. We take a couple selfies of us and my ring to post on our Instagrams, and then we both tweet about confirming the engagement rumors.

   The reaction is immediate. There are thousands of 'congratulations' flowing in, and the news is spreading like wildfire. I'm scared of seeing hate, so I turn off my phone and put it in my purse. Niall assures me that everything will be fine, but I know better. From my days as a crazed fangirl, I saw-and still see- all the hate that all the girls in the girlfriend/fiance/wife club get. It's crazy.

   Niall starts talking about wedding plans to get my mind off the fans, and it works. We decide on a date and place first. We decide on June 25th (the 2 year anniversary of when we met) and we want to have it in the Caribbean. Neither of us have been there, but we've always wanted to go.

   It barely takes us any time to decide the wedding party. The groomsmen will be Harry, Liam Louis, and Zayn. Niall's best man will be his brother, of course. My maid-of-honor will be Lindsey, and my other bridesmaids will be my sister Claire, Tristan, Denise (Niall's sister-in-law), Eleanor, and Perrie. If I get to know Alyssa, Harry's girlfriend, more before the wedding, I might add her to the list, but as of right now I've only met her once.

   It makes me really sad that Ella won't be able to be a bridesmaid at my wedding. She always dreamed of what her big sister's wedding would be like. She always told me she would help me find the perfect wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses. And she was so excited to be standing up there behind me at the altar. But she died, and now her dream will never come true. Niall must figure out what I'm thinking about, because he comforts me.

   "She'll be there in spirit. She wouldn't miss your big day for anything," he says with a gentle smile. I smile back and lay my head on his shoulder.

   "This is why I love you, Ni. You can always make me feel better,' I whisper. Niall smiles again, and then kisses my forehead. He is perfect.

_______________________

5,000 reads! You guys are awesome. I never thought this would get that many reads, so my day has been made.

Sorry for lack of updates, there really isn't an excuse. I'm sad because the two hot baseball players that were staying with me are gone now, but maybe I'll get more done since they won't be here to distract me.

Vote, comment, and spread the word! I love you all!