Chapter 8 ~ Beautiful Sights

"Niall! Thank god! We've been looking for you everywhere!" Zayn exclaims. I sit up in bed and look at Zayn in confusion. Why is he in my bedroom? He gestures next to me. I look over and gasp. Niall is sitting up next to me. Did Niall spend the night? Oh dear. We must have fallen asleep while we were talking last night.

   "Morning, love," Niall says tiredly. I just look at him, speechless. He yawns and it's probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my entire life. "What? Not going say anything back? Whatever."

   "No! I'm just... I, uh... good morning," I say, hating myself for being so awkward.

   "Anyways!" Zayn says loudly. "You need to get back to your room. You're gonna get a lecture from Paul, so be prepared."

   "Bye, love. I'll see you in a little bit," Niall says, kissing my forehead and then leaving. I sit in my bed, shocked at myself.

   "You look a little spooked. What did Niall do?" Oh. I forgot Zayn was still here.

   "Oh, uh, he didn't do anything. I'm just thrown off by the fact that I just spent the night with him and I just met him four days ago. I've never slept in the same bed as a guy before," I admit. Zayn looks surprised.

   "Are you serious?" he asks. I nod. "No offense, but you look like the kind of girl that's been around a bit." I sigh, not offended at all.

   "I get that a lot, but I'm really not. I haven't even liked a guy, I mean besides Niall obviously, since I graduated. I've only even been out on like five dates since then, and it's been like two years."

   "Wow. Well, I just want to make sure you know that Niall really likes you. He's never been in a serious relationship, so we've been worried about him," Zayn says carefully. I raise an eyebrow.

   "What exactly are you saying?" I ask.

   "I'm just saying, that if you guys do get serious, don't break his heart. He's never liked someone this much, and I don't think me and the guys would be able to watch if his heart got broken. He's too fragile. Just don't hurt him," Zayn says, walking away. I hear the door to the room close and I fall back onto my pillows, bewildered. I never really thought about the fact that Niall's never been in a real relationship. He's gone on a few dates with a few girls, but there's never been any real action. I mean, on New Year's 2014, he hugged a Victoria's Secret model at midnight. If you're only hugging a VS model, you've got some underlying issues.

   "Did Niall seriously spend the night?" I look up and Lindsey is walking into my room. She sits down on my bed, looking at me expectantly. I sigh.

   "I definitely did not plan it, but yes. We were talking, and we must have fallen asleep-"

   "Okay don't even go there. I could hear you guys making out," she says. I blush.

   "Okay, yeah, we did make out for a bit, but then we were just talking, I swear. You can even ask Niall when we see them later," I say desperately. I really don't want Lindsey thinking we did anything we didn't. Lindsey just rolls her eyes.

   "So tell me. What was making out with the Niall Horan like?"

   "It was amazing. He's an excellent kisser and knows how to sweet talk," I say. Lindsey swoons.

   "I really wish I could just kiss Harry at least once," she says with a sigh. I see movement out of the corner of my eye and look up to see Harry standing in my doorway, holding a finger up to his lips, wanting me to stay quiet. That's actually kind of creepy. I didn't even hear the door open. He silently walks up behind Lindsey and clears his throat. Lindsey whips around and while she's looking at Harry in shock, he kisses her.