Chapter twenty nine

I'm sorry for the long wait guys. I was a way last week on vacation with my friends. We went to New Orleans. I hope everyone's holiday season is going well so far. Also I hope you guys like the music its Jamie N. Commons "Walls."

Nicholas's POV

It's been a few days since Katherine and I came home. Our days went on like normal. There is no movement from Scott. I hope it means he heided my warning. Samuel hadn't reported anything else about him either. Everything is going like it was before. With every day that passes I can't wait to aqcuire the rings in order to propose. I can't wait anymore for Katherine to share my last name. She knows I will ask the question soon but now when I'm gonna ask.

The last time I checked on the progress I was told they'll be ready by the end of the week. So I might get them maybe today or tomorrow. As soon as they are in my hands I plan on asking the magic question. I will decorate the entire house with candles and rose petals. Making sure it looks romantic as possible. Katherine and I will eat in the dinning room. After I'll get on one knee and ask her to marry me.

I'm so psyched to propose. I can barely wait for the rings to be ready. But waiting a day or two is nothing compared to waiting fifteen years.

~ The Next Day ~

I recieved a text from the jeweler saying they're ready for pick up. After Katherine went to work in the morning I went to collect them right away. I can't wait for tonight to propose when she's home from work. Katherine is coming home later tonight because of the parent's teachers conference.

This will give me enough time to get everything ready for the special occasion. She'll  be home around nine.
Our rings look exactly how I wanted. Meanwhile to make up some time I prepared dinner for the two of us. Nothing crazy just a simple meal of baked salmon covered with sweet chili sauce, and grilled vegetables on the side. Broccoli and brussel sprouts.

I already place the fish on parchment paper in the sheet pan. It would be done soon, so I started on the vegetables next. Washing the broccoli and brussel sprouts then I cut them into the right sizes. Next I drizzled on some olive oil and a bit of salt and paper for taste.

After I spread them out evenly on another sheet of parchment in another pan, I add them to the oven. While everything is baking I set the table laying out candles around in a cirle, I'll light them later. I sprinkle some rose petals on the table as well, leaving some to put in the centerpiece.

The dinning room is ready and looks perfect. I hope she likes how it looks when she sees it. Going back into the kitchen, I check on the food. Closing the oven because they aren't done. I glanced up at the oven clock. It says eight thirty.

~~~~~~~

The food is finished but I left it in the oven to keep warm from the residual heat. Katherine will be home soon. I sent her a quick text to call me when she's close, so I can get the plates ready. To pass the time while waiting for the call I take a shower and dressed real nice. Clean and ready to go I sit at the table staring at my phone. Its almost nine she'll be calling soon. As I sit and stare down at my phone checking the time every few seconds. I can hardly wait, my life will change after tonight.

Ive imagined what our future together might look like. Katherine and I getting married in a beautiful ceremony. On our honeymoon, her getting pregnant with my child. Watching her body change before my eyes as he/she grows inside her belly. All those things loomed over the horizon, so far away but at the same time, seem so close just around the corner.

My fingers almost tingled at the thought of holding Katherine's baby bump. Feeling our child kick in her stomach for the first time, as I pressed my face on her belly to get closer to my young one. He/she would be loved like no other and would grow up in a home filled with two loving parents, a family. Something I never had fully myself from my father's affair. But its something I promise to give to my children.

They wouldn't ever feel like they weren't loved because Katherine and I will make sure of it. My phone starts to vibrate in my hand pulling me from my daydream. Its Katherine calling, she's near by. I answer the phone.

"Kitten are you clos-?"

"Nicholas Katherine's gone."

"Who is this? Why do you have Katherine's phone?"

Immediately the first person that comes to mind is Scott. He took her... The son of a b*tch didn't listen to me.

"Where is she? You were supposed to do what I pay you to! Make sure she's safe at all times. Make sure if Scott shows up Kaherine is protected from him and I'm alert me about this!"

I yelled all this into the phone. He's one of the bodyguards I hired to protect Katherine. If he couldn't tell I'm f*cking pissed.

"Go find her! Where the hell are you? I'm coming."

"I'm at the high school."

He says before hanging up. If anything happens to Kitten I will kill him. That piece of sh*t messed with the wrong man tonight. All my plans to propose fell out the door. The only thing that matters is finding her.

If Scott so much as lays a finger on Kitten. He'll lose a finger. For every bruise or mark I find on her body I'll break a bone in his.

Quickly I run to the garage. Grabbing the a key from the hooks I climb in the jeep and speed towards the school. On the way I dial 911 because this is serious, even though I want to handle this alone, to find her I'll need help.

My baby was out there somewhere having god knows what done to her by Scott. I know its him. Not a doubt it he did this. And because he didn't listen to my warning, when I find him I'll do what I promised. Scott will be begging for me to kill him.

Comment what's your favorite holiday. The next chapter will be longer. Did you guys like this chapter? Please vote if you did and thank you for reading.