Chapter twenty eight

Did you guys miss Scott? Its a joke anyway I'm going to be sad when this story ends. Will you guys miss Nicholas and Katherine? I know I will. From the first chapter till now they have grown on me and I hope they grew on you too. When I first started writing this story I didn't know the story would unfold the way it did. Did you guy like this song?

Scott's POV

I walked into Katherine's apartment. It's empty looking like she hasn't been here in days. But I already know that. Katherine and Nicholas are overseas visiting her parents for the holidays. When I found out, the first thing I think to do is break into her apartment. See if I might find something helpful with my plans.

I have this burning desire to continue where I left off those years ago with Katherine. First thing I needed to do is find the best time to take action to deal Nicholas. He'll get in my way if not taken care of. But that's easier said than done. Katherine and Nicholas are always together.

I'm sure he's has eyes protecting her after everything that took place between us. Nicholas isn't stupid so he wouldn't just threaten me and not do anything further just in case I don't listen to him. Which I won't. Nicholas wants to keep Katherine safe while I want to hurt her so obviously our intentions don't match.

Going into each room, I look for any information, anything that can help me in any way. I find nothing in the kitchen after ransacking through the draws and cabinets. I know its a bit much but you never know. Next, I venture into the dining room and find nothing there as well, so I go to the bedroom.

Searching through the papers on the desk I look to see if there's anything... I once again find nothing. Katherine's apartment is very neat and clean. As I go around her smell is present. With each inhales of air I could almost imagine she's her with me.

Meanwhile, Katherine is on her vacation she has no idea what's going on at home. No ideas I'm here invading her space, going through her things. In a way it feels like I'm marking my territory, leaving my essence in her environment.

Would she know I was here?

Probably not and I don't want her to. But I do want to see the expression on her face when she gets home and see what I've done to the place. Walking in feeling frightened because someone was here while she's away. The desk has nothing of use to me. But her bed calls me looking inviting.

Thinking of laying where Katherine goes to sleep at night sounds like a wonderful idea. She wouldn't know anyway I did this. I plan to make it appear as a normal burglary before leaving. I jumped on the bed rolling around on the sheets. I can smell her even more and my happiness grow. Katherine will be mine real soon. I just have to deal with Nicholas first. He's the only thing standing in my way.

Katherine's POV

I can't believe Nicholas and I have two days left until we fly to New York. I wasn't ready to go back because I know these last few days of piece being away from all the drama without Scott will be gone once we leave. Something inside me knows he's waiting to hurt me again. He's not satisfied with what he's done so far. I know Nicholas' warning might not work against him. Scott is hell spent on hurting me and if he's crazy enough to kidnap me he wouldn't stop there. No, he'll come back and do something much worst.

All I hope now is Nicholas is there to stop him. Knowing all this is waiting for me when we go home makes me appreciate the time left even more. Christmas has passed and gone. It's one of the best I've had from the start to the end of the day.

On Christmas night Nicholas took us out for dinner. Over which we had conversations about the future like marriage, kids, moving in together soon, etc. Nicholas made it known he plans to propose to me. I wasn't expecting him to admit it when marriage came up. But once he asks I already know what my answer will be. That's for a later time.

The night ended with us staying the night at a hotel where Nicholas made sure to show me exactly how much he loves me. That night was spectacular. I lost my voice for a day from all the screaming I didn't. Somehow my parents particularly my mom gave me knowing looks the next morning we came home.

Another thing that came out this trip is I've gained more dreams/memories about a young Nicholas and I, when we were kids. I can't imagine a life without him anymore. More times than not I wonder what my life would be like if he hadn't come back to me after all these years.

Yes, I might not have remembered about Scott or learn the truth. But if I could go back to the night of the reunion dinner, I wouldn't change a thing how it played out. I'd still go to dinner with Nicholas even after knowing everything now. I don't want a life without Nicholas in it. I had that after he moved when I forgot him. Now knowing what its like with him in it, I can't imagine a life without him. Even with all the drama, I wouldn't change a thing.

I wasn't really happy those years without Nicholas. Now he's apart of my life again, I feel like I've found the missing piece of myself. He completes my jigsaw puzzle. Nicholas is the puzzle piece that makes me whole again.

~~~~~~~

~ Last Day in England ~

"Mom I love you. We'll be back soon."

I hugged her close by the front door. Mom held me tight and rubs my back. After we finally made up about the Scott thing, its like we've gotten even closer now. I pulled away and stood in front dad who I embraced tightly as well. He's wearing his usual warm smile that always seem to make me smile. He and Nicholas really bonded over our visit, which I'm really happy about.

"Dad I love too," I whisper in his ear.

He breaks the hug giving me a light pat on the shoulder before standing next to mom. I feel Nicholas come beside me and clasped our hands together. Our bags were already loaded in the car out front. Mom hugged Nicholas and dad pull him in for a men's one patting him on the back. Something was said between them I don't hear. Nicholas just smiles at dad shaking his head to whatever dad said.

"Well you two better getting going," Dad says.

"I hope to hear some good news soon" dad went on further. Good news?

About what exactly?

Nicholas and I bid our final goodbyes. We walked out front to where our transportation is waiting. He opens the door for me like a gentleman. I head in and move over making enough room for him as well. Nicholas climbs in next to me and holds my hand in his.

He has a habit of doing this whenever we're together and I won't complain. It makes me feel closer to him like we are always connected. Whenever I'm with Nicholas I never feel like I'm alone. It's one of the things I love about him. His ability to make me feel loved, safe and cared for at all times. The car drove off and even though I felt covered in love from Nicholas, I can't help but feel nervous about the near future. What will happen once I'm in Scott's vicinity?

I want to hear your thoughts about this chapter. Comment what you think and vote if you liked it as well. Thanks to all of you that read Intoxicated with you and have supported this story. I really am thankful for your support so  I hope you've enjoyed it so far.