Chapter fourteen

I've been trying to be more consistent as possible with posting chapters so thank you for being patience.

Katherine's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed as one could possibly be from having multiple orgasms the night before. Who knew Nicholas was so skilled with his tongue. He's snoring away blissfully curled up against me, with his body intertwined to mine as if to bind us permanently together. Yesterday we came to my childhood home. I hadn't been back in years since mom and dad moved to England.

With them gone I had no reason to come here.

If I hadn't visited I wouldn't have known I needed to be here until I woke. I know that now after waking up in my  old bedroom. Being in this environment, where I felt the safest growing up, somehow soothes my anxiety from the day before. Looking around my old room, it still looks the same as how I left it back then.

Twin bed, a desk in the corner and a window right next to it. I wonder if being here will help me remember Nicholas somehow. It's upsetting that I don't truly know the man I'm starting to develop feelings for. I feel like I'm the one who's lacking in the relationship. How can I compare when Nicholas knows everything and I don't. He has the past that's void in my head.

Should I let him go before I fall even more for him than I already have?

Just the thought of that alone makes me feel sick to my stomach. The idea that letting him go may be for the best seems so wrong to me. But maybe that what I'm supposed to do. Nicholas doesn't seem bothered that I haven't recounted our past memories. It bothers me. Is there something specific that could make me remember something? He said we met in elementary school in first grade.

Maybe going to my old school might help.

Before I got too caught up in my head I decided to go make breakfast while Nicholas sleeps in. First I brushed my teeth after being careful not to wake him and then wash the sleep from my eyes in the bathroom across the hall. We were up pretty late last night.

When I finally go downstairs into the kitchen I knew it'd be empty so I look for Nicholas' car keys to run to the grocery store. The nearest thing is Walmart so I head there and secured a good parking spot. Which is always difficult to do no matter what day of the week. Its always pack with rude people who drive like animals.

Walking in I grabbed the nearest cart in the front of there long stack lined up and push through the sliding doors with "enter" above. I went immediately to the dairy aisle. Then to find eggs, bacon, orange juice, cheese. Lastly I went to find peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a loaf of whole grain bread.

With everything I needed in the shopping cart, I went back towards the front to check out. The first few lines were really long so I walk down further to find a shorter one. Line 22 doesn't look so bad so I join it but feel myself collide into someone before I can move beind the lady at the end of the line. Pulling away I look up going to apologize.

"Oops, I'm sor-"

Before I can finish as I stare up at the person I accidentally ran into, he looks at me and something about his gaze makes me suddenly feel cold and very afraid. I feel a cold shiver run down my spine as the hair on my neck stand up. His eyes are a dark green, they don't give off a warmth like Nicholas' emerald. They seem colder with a darkness lurking beneath the moss colored green. Almost black where the deep green pigment doesn't shine through. For a second his eyes seem to widen in shock, as if surprised by who ran into him.

Who is he and why do I feel so scared of him when I've just met him?

Somehow I know something about him isn't right. My instincts screaming for me to get away. It's like my body knows something my mind isn't aware of. Telling me to not feel comfortable but to fear this man in front me because he's dangerous.

Who is he?

I turn to walk away and get as far away from him as possible, but he pulls my arm tight and stops me in my tracks from getting out the line.

"Where do you thinking you're going?"
His voice is deep and he sounds eerily familiar.

"I have to get going, someone is waiting for me." I say trying to pull my arm out his hold but his grip seems to tighten even further.

"Sir you need to let go, you're hurting me!"

Looking around to see if anyone is taking notice that I'm being manhandled. No one is paying attention.

"Katherine how many years has it been since we've seen each other?"

Does he know me?

It makes no sense first there is Nicholas, now there this guy.

"I'm sorry but you need to let go before I call security. I don't know you. let me go now or I swear I'll scream!" I silently yell so only he can hear me.

If he doesn't let go on three I'll scream.
One. Why is it I have to go through this right now when all I wanted is to make Nicholas some breakfast? Two. I hope he's lying about us knowing each other.

Three- 

"Miss is this man bothering you?"

A security guard questions. Another second and I would have screamed or worst knee him where the sun doesn't shine. At the sound of security he pulls away and quickly leaves.

"Thank you sir, I have no idea what is wrong with that guy."

~~~~~~~

After we eat breakfast Nicholas offers to do the dishes while I go shower. As I stand underneath the scolding hot water my mind goes back to what happened earlier in walmart.

Is he somehow connected to my amnesia?

I think I need to go to my old elementary school today and see if I can figure out what it all means. I'm tired of being in the dark about what happend in the past. I need to know what caused my amnesia. I need to know why the person I've forgotten is Nicholas and maybe that man as well.

Comment your thoughts. What do you guys think about this ne character? Don't forget to vote.