Chapter sixteen

Its been a while since my last update and I wanted to thank anyone who is still on this journey. I hope your summer has been well. Things will start picking up from now in IWY.

If there are any grammatical errors please don't mind them. As I have mentioned before this is the first draft of this book and once completed I will edit the entire thing. Happy reading.

Nicholas's POV

We walked into our old elementary school. There is a security guard at the front sitting in a chair on his phone. His gaze focused on us as soon as we came in.

"Hello, how can I help you both?" He inquired once Katherine and I are standing in font the desk. Looking at his name tag it says Marcus.

"We were wondering if we can look our old classroom."

School is still in session so it might be too much for us to ask to go inside the room now, but maybe we'll be allowed to peek through the door. Just being in the environment alone may help Kitten remember something.

"ID please?" He asked.

I retrieved mine and hand him Katherine's as well. Marcus took a look before dialing the office. Few minutes later an old lady comes down with a larger alumi book. She asked Marcus for our ID, us what year we went to this school. After awhile of her shuffling throught the book for 2003 she shouts "here it is."

She points to our class picture from fifteen years ago. On the side the picture in alphabetical order she skimmed and found both our names matching our Id's. She read further under the teachers name for the room number.

"Okay I will escort you two to room 114."

She hand us our Id's then usher us down the hallway connecting to the appropriate room. Looking around not a lot has changed except the paint on the wall were now orange. In the past I remember them being yellow. They must have renovated since then.

I was holding Katherine's hand as we trailed behind our guide. The old lady didn't say anything or even inquire the reason we wanted to look at the classroom, which I appreciated. I didn't want to explain Katherine's situation to a stranger. It's no one else's business but our own. I'm starting to get even more protective of her as our relationship develops. She's becoming apart of my heart. When Katherine is feeling anything other than happiness it hurts me as well.

Katherine didn't seem nervous anymore. She appeared to have calmed down some probably having to do with the quicky earlier in the car. My own anxiety settled at the sight. It makes me the happiest man on earth knowing I can give her what she needs.

We went down the end of the hallway and made a right and kept walking down. The numbers on the classroon doors were getting larger as we went. There is 109 on the left then 111. We were getting closer.

I hope this works somehow.

The old lady slowed her pace and stop next to the faithful classroom door. Walking up towards the door I felt like I was thrown back into the past once more. Looking at it I could almost imagine the day we first met in that room as if It's just yesterday.

Katherine looks earnestly at the door before finally going close to stare inside the room. Her shoulders tense at first glance. A feeling I couldn't name took over me. I would give anything to know what's going throught her mind right then. I would give anything to make sure she's okay. I would give anything to make Katherine happy because even if she never remembers I will always love her.

She gazed in through the glass in the center of the door. Katherine didn't say anything to show any sign of discomfort. Suddenly I saw something I hadn't prepared to see in front me. I see Katherine's head move around then all of a sudden she's falling down. If I wasn't standing as close as I am behind her, I wouldn't have caught her in time.

I craddle her in my arms, turn her face to so I can see if she's ok but all I see is tears falling from closed eyes. I shake her gently to get her to respond but nothing. Quickly I make sure to check her pulse and its then I realize it.

Katherine fainted...

Few hours later

Katherine is laying a sleep in front of me. I couldn't take my eyes away from her as she slept. I quickly rushed us to the nearest hospital after she fainted in the school. It was the scariest sight I'd ever seen. Seeing the woman I love break before my eyes. I thought I'd lost the person who means the most to me in the world.

The doctor made it very clear Katherine is fine and fainted due to stress. With sufficient rest and nutrition she'd be back to normal soon. Kstherine would be okay to get checked out tomorrow morning. My heart settled once I heard those words. I don't know what I would do without her. She's become so important in my life the thought alone, of something happening to her makes me feel weak.

The doctor stressed she should take time off from work to adequately rest at home to avoid this happening again.
Katherine appeared peaceful in her sleep, no signs of distress on her face. Her long eyelashes would flutter every few seconds, maybe from a dream. She took my breath away even now as I watched her from the chair beside the bed.

Her lips were closed and her chest rose and fell with each breath. I held her hand in mine and with the other touching her cheek. Her skin felt soft underneath my palm. Pulling her hand up to my lips I pressed a silent kiss on it to let her know I am with her. I wouldn't feel normal again until she opens her eyes. A nurse walked in and looks at Katherine's vitals and check to see if everything is alright. She look over at me with a pity expression.

"Sir have you been able to get something to eat?"

I didn't because since entering the hospital the only thing I could focus on is Katherine's health and my own wellbeing wasn't a priority.

"I'll be happy to watch her while you go get some food. I'm sure she wouldn't want you starving yourself if she were awake."

My stomach made its hunger known then. I'd disregarded food, now after being reminded my body knew it.

"Thank you I'll go to the cafeteria to get something. Please come get me if she wakes up before I'm back. I won't be long."

I didn't want to leave her but the nurse is right. I need to eat something before Katherine wakes up seeing the state I'm in. I don't want to make her extra stressed once she's awake. I kiss Katherine's forehead before I leave the room. Going into the hallway I ask a nurse where to find the cafeteria. She directs me to the first floor. Once I get down there I grab a sandwich, a bottle of water before going to pay for them. The line is long with doctors and nurses.

Waiting until its my turn I pull out my phone to scroll through photos looking for a picture I secretly took of Katherine one morning. Her face looks happy and she's doing the dishes when I took the picture of her. Finally I'm next and I pay for the food before going to a table off to the side to eat. In the midst of unwrapping the plastic container with the sandwich I feel my phone start to ring in my pocket. Pulling it out and I see it says unknown.

Answering without I thought I ask "hello who is this?"

I hear silence on the line nothing is said but someone is there. I can hear their every inhale.

"Hello!" My patience is starting to flee. Whomever it is picked the wrong time to play games with me. I didn't need this right now with everything going on. As I'm about to hang up its then I hear someone speak.

"Nicholas, we need to meet in person." A harsh voice says finally. He doesn't sound familiar.

Who is this? How does he know my name?

"Who is this?" I voice my question out loud.

"Did Katherine not tell you about me?"

Katherine knows him? Who is he?

"Nicholas I'm the reason Katherine doesn't remember you."

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter. Please comment, and like. Your guy's comments encourage me to keep writing.