Chapter 10: Confession

Trey walked me to my door after our date.

"Thank you Trey," I smiled. "I had a really great time."

Trey smiled, taking a step forward. If every rumor about first dates were true and knowing Trey, this could only end one way. Trey leaned down and I did the only thing I could to stop it. I hugged him. Trey stiffened then slowly hugged me back.

I pulled back and gave him another smile before heading inside. As soon as the door closed behind me, my hand flew to my chest. I took a few deep breaths. Whoa. That was close.

My father appeared in the foyer looking down at his watch. "Good timing kid."

I smiled brightly at him.

"How was it? Did... anything happen?" He pushed.

I gave a disgusted look. "Ew, dad! Not that we should ever have this conversation, but no nothing happened."

He looked relieved, nodding his head. "Okay. Good. Good. As long as you had fun."

"I did," I smiled warmly. "I'm gonna go upstairs and change."

He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Alright, night kiddo."

I ran up the stairs excitedly, rushing to my room. I opened the door to find Nick on my bed with his feet on the headboard looking bored. The sight of ghost Nick in my room used to piss me off, but things have changed. I felt relieved and happy that he waited for me. Nick quickly jumped out off my bed upon hearing me enter.

"You're back."

"I'm back."

"How was it?" He took a step forward.

I shrugged. "Good, I guess. He's a sweet talker, he has a way with words. I mean any girl likes being showered in compliments and sweet talk."

Nick frowned. "So you liked it."

A statement, not a question.

I hesitated before I nodded. "I guess so. I found out why he broke up with Amelia. Something about her liking the hottest thing. First you, then him. But that doesn't make sense, she wouldn't have cheated on you with him if that was the case."

"Like I said, he's a liar," Nick crossed his arms.

"Maybe... You're just saying that because you don't like him," I pointed out. Because he stole his girlfriend and his title.

Nick scoffed. "Of course I don't like him. He's got everything I had. He even got you."

I snorted. "He doesn't have me."

Nick stepped right up to me. He looked beyond angry and bothered. "I'm going crazy Eva, I need to know. Did he kiss you? Scratch that- did you want him to kiss you?"

I opened my mouth and closed it. Why did it matter to him?

"Does it really bother you that much—"

Nick grabbed my arms tightly, his eyes bearing into mine. "Please, just tell me."

My lips parted but no sound came out.

Finally, I spoke. "No, I didn't let him."

A look of relief crossed his expression.

"Why does this matter to you?" I asked quietly. A part of me hoping Nick would share the same feelings I had, but I knew that was impossible. He liked girls that looked like Amelia. I was the girl he bothered for fun.

Nick looked serious. "At this point, he could have everything. I would give up everything if I had a choice, everything but you. He could have everything and everyone, but you. Not you."