last night?

1975

1975

I had never been to Las Vegas- let alone anywhere besides England where I was born, and anywhere our road trip took us. We decided to stop for the day and walk around to the stores and play a little. Debbie wanted to stay at a nice hotel but with the lack of money, we had only enough for one motel room.

She sat in a bathrobe doing her makeup while all the guys pushed and wrestled in the motel. I watched her carefully as she put sparkly crap all over her eyelid. I turned to walk into the actual room where I saw Mitch watching me. I came up to him and pulled a carton of smokes telling him to join me on the stairs outside.

He followed me taking a seat on the steps and lighting up, not saying much. The day he and I fought outside of the club was the last time he and I really had much of a conversation that didn't include music. He told me he had grown feelings for Deb and that it irritated him that we were together. I told him that I would try my best to keep her happy- and fuck anyone who thinks I didn't.

I have been trying my hardest to keep Deb and me together, even though I feel worthless and down she was becoming a part of me. I was so in love with her that what I wanted to do next was talk to Mitch.

I needed to have a conversation with him because I had a plan to ask Debra to marry me.

It started one night when she was rambling on and on about her clothes. It's strange because any other woman I would tell them they're annoying and to fuck off but with her- with her, it was like she was a poet. I wanted to listen to her talk and sing and laugh. I was damn fool constantly and the night we fucked around with that groupie, I realized that she was mine and I wanted her to only be mine no matter who was involved. But first I had to talk to my friend.

"Do you still have feelings for her?" I asked him. He exhaled shaking his head.

"No man, she's just my friend, I'm happy for you guys." I nodded reaching into my pocket to pull out the small ring to show my best friend. He whistled looking at it as he put it on his ring finger. Debbie's hands were so small that it barely fit the top part of his finger. "Oh Harry you shouldn't have-it doesn't fit me."