+ Secrets +

"What the fuck?" He breathed, eyes wide as she looked at him fearfully from a distance within the water, unwilling to move any closer.

"Y-you...wh-........i.....must be dreaming." He whispered to himself, his gaze firmly locked on hers.

"This can not be happening. Am i dreaming?...is that what this is?" He rhetorically asked, shaking his head.

She just stared at him, confused and afraid.

His phone now on the floor, began to ring again and he stumbled around, hurriedly looking for it before sliding his finger across the screen and placing it to his ear, snapping his head back to look at the girl in the water, keeping an eye on her.

"Dude where are you?" Luke asked, sounding more panicked than anything else.

"I.....i.....th-the lake...there's a girl...she....she........what the fuck." He stuttered, breathing heavily down the line.

"What? Calum what the hell?."

"Dude?"

"Dude?"

"I'm coming hold on."

But Calum gave no response. He hung up and placed the phone on the ground beside him, deciding to move closer to the water and closer to the mysterious girl.

Swallowing hard, he crept over, pushing his wet hair back and controlling the shivers that were escaping his lips. He did not know exactly what to do, so he just slipped his hand into the water and waved his fingers around in the cold substance, hoping it would catch her attention.

He looked at her and noticed that she was now watching his fingers, turning her head to the side as if suddenly curious.

She began to move closer and already, his heart had begun to race. He mentally tried to calm himself down, eager to find out if she was real or if it was some sort of hoax someone had set up for him.

He thought it was possible that maybe it was Luke, either that or maybe the crude fishermen...or maybe she was just some weird twisted chick that spent her days dressing up as fictional creatures in ice cold water.

Whatever he was trying to believe, it was not that she was real.

Within a matter of seconds, she had moved so they were within touching distance of each other. He retracted his hand as hers moved up to settle on the rocks, lifting herself up just a little so she could get a better view of his features.

Her bare chest was covered by her lengthy black hair, with the ends of it disappearing into the water. Her hands were normal, though to him they looked quite webbed.

Her tail, which she gently began to sway in and out of the water was a mixture of blue, both dark and light, similar to the colours of a clear ocean.

The scales of her tail shone in the faint morning light that was peering through, since the time was around six thirty am. They glistened beautifully and it was then he believed her to be real.

He brought his gaze back to meet her eyes that were watching his emotionless, and he took the brave decision to move closer, hoping not to regret his actions.

Carefully, he placed his hand on top of hers, immediately retracting it when he felt how ice cold she was, which also startled her a little.

She was truly beautiful, captivating even, it was enough to leave him speechless.

"How is this possible?" He whispered, but she gave no reply.

"CALUM! CALUM!" Both of them turned their heads to the direction of the noise and noticed Luke hurriedly walking over to Calum, unaware of the girl in the water.

Calum turned back briefly to look at her, but she had disappeared without a sound.

"Dude, what the hell happened to you?" His best friend asked, standing over him as Calum lifted himself up off the ground, searching the lake for the girl.

"I...uh....i fell in...slipped on the pier and hit my head."

"Aww man. You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, i'm good, pretty cold but, whatever. Feel like i've done the ice bucket challenge or something" he joked, rolling up the side of his t shirt and squeezing the water out of it.

"Hah, as if." Luke retorted, patting Calum's shoulder. "Come on man, before you get sick, then this whole trip will be a waste cause i'm not taking care of you, you can go home." He finished, laughing as himself.

"Fuck you too asshole." Calum mumbled.

They walked back in the direction of the cabin, Calum carefully walking over the rocks to avoid falling in the water again.

Just before heading back through the trees, he turned back to take a look, wondering if he would see her in the water......

*

*

*

And he did.

*

*

*

She was staring right at him.

~~~~~~~~

LUB DIS OKKKKAAAYYY
NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE CAH YUUUUTTTEE

-S