"The Monster Within," PART TWO

Start from the beginning

"What about your father?" Her mother questioned ignoring her little girl. "We can't leave him,"

"He's dead mom," The oldest daughter whispered. "The Royal estates are playing games with us! They must pay but right now we need to get the hell out and make it to Canada and start a rebellion there!"

"Y/N you are crazy this is never going to work!" She yelled and that was when the unthinkable happened.

The back of her mother's hand had gotten her right across the face.

~

"My mom she's sick," The raven-haired man whispered that afternoon. "She wants me to run away without her Y/N... I can't bring myself to do it,"

His best friend wanted nothing more to cry, his mother had gotten the disease that had been spreading and now... Now no one in his family had a job and soon they were going to lose their house or even worse... They were going to go hungry.

However fate had a better way of letting things fall into place, as the tears finally flowed free Y/N winced as they made way down her face.

"What's wrong?" Her best friend asked suddenly. "Did I hurt you?" He unhooked his arm that was around her as slowly her head went up to meet his gaze.

"M-My mom," She stuttered through tears. "I-Is very against us running away,"

"Y/N tell me what she did," He mumbled pulling her close to his body.

"S-She hit me, Pea!" She exclaimed bursting into tears. "My own mother hit me!" Her best friend pulled her into his chest letting her let all the tears fall.

"She did what?" He asked in a shock filled voice as tears filled his eyes.

Their life was falling apart as neither of them knew exactly what to do next. "I would feel so guilty leaving her... But I think I just might have to,"

~

"But Mowmy," Y/S/N whispered as her older sister tried explaining what was going on to her.

"She is no good," Her sister explained as she packed their stuff. "So we won't be here when she gets back,"

"Wher wee goin?" The little girl asked with a cry.

"We're going somewhere new," Y/N exclaimed with a forced smile. "Somewhere new,"

Y/N managed to squeeze all their stuff into her worn out backpack, and one other bag as they made way out the door only to run into... Their mother. "Where do you think you're going?" She questioned blocking their way out.

"Away from you," Y/N spit trying to get past but her mother wouldn't budge.

"You can't leave me!" She exclaimed trying to pull her back.

"Why can't I? You already told me you didn't want to come," She fired back looking at her mom in disbelief. "We'll be back... Hopefully to take down the president," With that Y/N left her mother there in shock her little sister crying in her arms.

Y/N knew that this was for the best... Her mother was holding her back. She had to keep her sister safe, even if that meant leaving their mother.

"Sweets?" Y/N asked knocking on the door as she entered the house.

"He's in the room sweetie," His mother whispered from the kitchen.

"What are you doing up? Are you OK?" Y/N asked with a smile whipping some remaining tears away and set her backpack down.

"Yes, but not well enough to go... I'm so glad my son is getting out of this hell hole- and I won't hold him back," She smiled a tear leaking her eye.