"Chapter Six"

Next morning, I got ready and taken Zara to see Addie.

Here's the thing, I didn't tell Addie a thing. Zara wanted it as a surprise.

"Hey, honey," I said to Addie as Mom and Dad were passed out on the two chairs.

"Hey..." she said in a tired voice.

She looked awfully pale and weak...

I have a feeling she doesn't have a lot of time left. And I know David had just helped me pay off the bill and she would start first thing tomorrow.

David came with me because I knew my dad wanted to meet him. That and David wanted to do it traditionally where the parents meet the boyfriend.

"I also brought someone," I said with a smile.

"Is it David?" She excitedly said with a huge smile as Zara came in with David.

"ZARA!?"

"Hey..." Zara said in a weak voice I can also tell she was dying as well but she knew and she was gonna die pretty soon.

With Addie's scream, my parents immediately wake up. The tension was almost thick soon as they saw David with his arm around my hip.

"You must be David," Dad said coldly as David then smiled.

"I am, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Neilson."

"Please call me Pat." Mom said.

"I know this is an uncomfortable question to ask, but are you adopted or something?" David asked in a whisper in my ear.

"Yes." I respond quietly back.

"So, tell me. How did you two meet?"

"You guys remember Natalie?" I asked them.

"Your childhood friend?"

I nod in response.

"She accidentally sent me an invite to his party mistaken for her other friend Mae. And I went instead of drinking alcohol at home depressed as heck. And I bumped into him."

"After that happened and hear her story, I felt terrible and had to help her..."

"Did you had love at first sight on her?"

"No, sir. I don't believe in that."

"Dad, let him have the floor."

"Anyways, once I got to know her and hung out with her.. I got to fall in love with her. You may think I'm crazy that she's my employer, but she's more than that to me she's my girlfriend and my best friend."

"Awwww," Addie said.

"Hung out... eh?"

I immediately blushed.

"DAD!"

"Xavier!!"

"Dad, we had not what you think of the definition of "hung out," yet. It's way too early."

"I don't want to push that kind of commitment yet this early in our relationship." David agreed.

Dad crossed his arms.

"Dad, can you at least be happy Maeve isn't dating someone like Aaron? David may be a prankster, but he does know how to treat women with respect. You can ask his ex-girlfriend, Liza!"

He sighed.

"I'll go easy on you only because my dying daughter is telling me to. If you hurt her, I'll kill you, boy."