"Chapter Four"

Next morning I got up with my hungover cured. I still feel the guilt from last night.

I turned on the TV and put on a news channel for background noise.

I had my phone off to prevent distractions.

Even though I should have it on and put it on do not disturb, but I can't with my possibly dying sister.

I then went outside and the sounds of morning sounds... peaceful.

I went back inside once I grabbed the newspaper and made myself a coffee and was time to find a new job.

I turned on my phone finally and it was exploded by David and the vlog squad (mainly David) calling and texting me.

As for Addie? She's probably still asleep.

I sighed and I typed in my code and played music and went to make waffles.

After I did make waffles, the guilt was slowly eating me alive.

My heart was telling me to go back and apologize and make up with David...

And maybe go on a date with him...

I then finished my waffles and went to take a shower and got ready.

*•*•*

I went to the hospital, and my sister was already awake and was eating her breakfast.

"So you had a surprise for me?" She asked excitedly.

"Sis, I..."

My voice trailed off as I then heard someone come in.

It was from David.

"I'm here." He said holding the build-a-bear box as Addie's jaw dropped and a bouquet of flowers in the other.

"DAVID DOBRIK?!" She screamed as I shush her.

He hasn't made eye contact with me yet as he walked over towards me and hugged her.

"Me and your sis have this for you as well." He said before I made an awkward smile.

"Yeah, we do," I said while grinding my teeth.

"Are you okay?" Addie asked.

"I'm fine."

David turns towards me.

"For you, Maeve." He said as I take the flowers.

Soon as I saw Amber come in, I swiftly turned towards her.

"Amber, can I talk to you real quick?"

"Sure."

We went outside.

"Is that the guy?"

"Mhmm. I don't know how even found the hospital she was in and the room."

"Ehhh he is a YouTuber and made up a story."

"Anyways, I want to ask about Addie..."

"She's slowly going downhill... and I'm gonna be honest. I think he's the only option you got, Maeve. He's the only one who not only sees you as work material but also girlfriend material."