Velvet x Protective! Reader

Sorry that this took a while to write, also sorry for any spelling or grammar errors I make. Anyways this was requested by @piekid1238

It was another beautiful day at Beacon Academy not a single grimm sound could be heard and a break from school is always nice. Walking down the hallways of the school I passed by a closet door with soft noises behind it. Placing my ear against it I could hear faint sobbing sounds inside, giving the door a light knock hoping for a reply to come, but to no aval instead, the crying went quiet. 
"Okay, I'm coming in." I started opening the door reviling a brown bunny faunus sitting in the corner her arms wrapping around her legs with her bunny ears flat against their head. Stepping inside the small room I crouched down beside the girl looking at their face. The girl lifted her head and the sight made my heart break a little. Her eyes were a chocolate brown but around it was red and pink, with the addition of fresh tear streaming down her cheeks glossy her eyes. Reaching in my bad pocket I brought out a cloth lifting it up towards her face, wiping off the salty tears. 

"Thank you." She whispered a faint smile on her face before disappearing into a small frown. I gave her a warm smile putting away the cloth and looking up at her again.
"Your welcome, um if you don't mind what's your name?" She unfolded her arms from her legs looking into my eyes before replying.
"It's Velvet. Yours?" 
"(Y/N) and it's nice to meet you Velvet. So um why are you in here?"

"People at this school don't really enjoy my kind and just a while ago they came by my dorm while my teammates were gone and told me things that I rather not say." Velvets bunny ears flattened against her head again looking away from me. My blood ran cold as she talked about herself for a little but then it boiled for some reason.

"People can be such assholes sometimes. Who cares what they say your bunny ears are really adorable on you." Her eyes widened as she heard the last part, "Um I mean... uhh."

"No no it's okay," she spoke in somewhat of a nervous tone. My eyes stared at her bunny ears again, I might have a way to make her happy. Fishing out a ribbon from my pocket I asked if I can see her ear for a moment, she nodded her head before leaning forward allowing me to tie a small bow around her ear.  

"Okay done." Giving her another warm smile, she lifted a hand up to her ear feeling the bow. She then started to smile with a faint blush to compliment it. "Thanks again."

"Here let's get out of this small room shall we?" Standing up I offered her a hand, she took it and I easily lifted her to her feet. "Also if someone bullies you again I swear I will be there in no time."

~ Timeskip ~

My footsteps made faint echos throughout the empty hallways to the cafeteria. The rest of my team most likely complaining about my absence. I came closer to the doors leading into the cafeteria until a grunting sound around the corner. Slowly peaking behind the wall I saw four men and Velvet in the hallway, three of the men were snickering while the other one had Velvet by her campus uniform collar and tugging at her adorable bunny ear. "Why must so many of you be here blah blah blah." The man holding Velvet spoke giving a nasty tug at her ear making her let out a quick squeak. Many emotions rushed through me as I stared at the scene before me, anger boiled inside me as I stepped out of my hiding spot and dashed towards the group. Crashing into the three men with all my might then turned to the man holding Velvet. The look of pure terror or maybe just a patheticness was on his face. He let go of Velvet now having all his attention to me. "You didn't haft to do that for this animal ." That was it, bringing back my fist I punched him in the no no zone. He hunched out letting out a quiet wheeze before looking back up at me. "You bitch." He then walked away his team getting up to follow suit. I let a moment or to pass taking a couple of deep breath allowing the anger to vent out of my system. Looking up at Velvet she was nervously fixing her messed up collar, she opened her mouth but I grabbed her hand taking her down the hallway. 

There was silence in the air, tensions kinda rising. 

"U-Um thank y-you so much." Looking at the bunny faunus her face was a bit flustered as she tried to speak. Letting out a light chuckle I look into her brown eyes, "I did say I would protect you didn't I?" 

"You did I was just worried you would forget o-or something." I let out another laugh, "W-Whats so funny?" 

"You're cute when you're flustered." I quickly cover my mouth with my free hand now making it my turn to become flustered as I looked away. She then let out a sweet giggle, "Oh yeah? W-well you're... cool when you get all mad." 

"Cool eh?" I turn my attention to her the blush kinda gone away. 

"U-uh yeah." 

"Well thank you, Velvet." With that, I pulled her into a hug. 

"No thank you for being a hero."