Ilia x arctic fox faunus reader

Authors note:

So this was kinda difficult to write but that mainly because I need to change some things around so sorry if some characters acts a little out of character.  This was a request so hope I didn't ruin it just try and enjoy the story. Also the arctic fox thing was just a random fill in because I kinda had to make it into a faunus.

  3rd person pov:

"I can't believe they let a faunus into this school." You heard someone whisper as you walk down the hall of the Atlas school as your tail waved behind you. At this point you thought you would be used to all the mean comments that the people share among each other, but it hasn't I just wanted them to stop it wasn't my fault I was like this. As you made your way down the hallway you bumped into someone thankfully not hard enough to make them fall over. Looking up your eyes widen as you realized who you ran into. Ilia one of the girls who where well know at this school.

 "I-I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention where I was going." You hide your tail between your legs bowing your head. Your heart was racing at this point as she didn't respond making you more scared. 

"It's fine. If you don't mind me asking what is your name?" This caught you off guard as you where at least expecting an insult like so many others have done.

 "I-Its (y-y/n)" You Flinched as Ilia placed a hand on your shoulder, when you looked at her she had a small smile. 

"You got guts going to this school (Y/n) that speaks volume of you and your determination. I like that." This was really heart warming for you, another person committing you about yourself and not your faunus trait. 

"You mean it. I mean why would you care for someone like me?" Once saying that you could see her eyes dilate a little.

"There are so many reasons but the hallway wouldn't be the best place. So how about you meet me in the courtyard later tonight and we can chat more there." She then turn around heading back to her destination leaving you dumbfounded in the halls. As the day went by you were just excited to be able to speak with Ilia. Finally the school day was over and you headed to the place you expected to find Ilia.

(Y/n) POV:

As I made my way down the sidewalk I saw Ilia sitting on a bench playing with her hair, I approached her sitting by her. 

"Am here. So what did you want to talk about?" She opened her mouth before shutting it letting out a sign. 

"You have been the only other faunus I have meet. And please keep this a secret between the two of us, but am a fauns too and it makes me happy to know there's another of my kind here." This surprised me, also giving me hope knowing that I wasn't alone. But she did look so much like a human, she easily passed as one, and I will never pass as a normal human.

 "Heh same for me."

~Timeskip~

We chatted for a while till the sun fully went down. As we parted our ways I gave her a hug thanking her for the secret she has told me. The next few days where amazing Ilia hanged out with me more and the teasing has died down a little bit. Each time I visit Ilia our friendships grows, a small feeling grew inside me. Have I  fallen in love with my only friend, am I weird for doing such a thing. I wanted it to stop because each time we meet its only a friend like way, but the feeling only grew.

I walked to the cafeteria holding a small flower in my hand, while wearing a huge smile as my tail waved happily side by side, this was a stupid idea but I wanted to a least show a little affections to her. When I reached my destination and opened up the doors I looked around the huge room trying to find her. There was no sign of her anywhere, I walked around the school for a little bit. While walking someone bumped into me making me grip the flower a little to tight making some petals fall, when I looked up I saw Illia with blue skin and yellow dots.