Chapter 1: Waking up

Start from the beginning

A loud gasp sounded in the strange room and just as I turned my head to the side to see who had made the noise, I gazed upon an extremely handsome man with raven coloured hair and flawless tanned skin. His eyes were opened wide and was staring at me as if I was some sort of miracle. He grabbed my hand and cupped it with both of his large hands. His hands were so warm and soft and honestly, I wouldn't mind keeping my hand in his for some time.

"Princess, you're awake. I-I can't believe it". 

It was his voice, the same voice I had heard above the clouds and in the water. The voice that made me quake with fear yet tremble with excitement and anticipation. I looked at the gorgeous man sitting beside me and took the time to look over his exquisite facial features before quickly averting my attention back down to my hand which he was still holding securely in his. I trembled slightly as he brought my hand close to his face and tensed as I felt warm lips press softly against the back of my hands. Normally this sort of action would stir butterflies in my tummy, but I had a uneasy feeling.

I quickly pulled my hand out of his hold and placed it beside me on the bed. I kept my eyes down on the bed, but curiosity got the better of me and I looked up into his captivating eyes once more. This man looked powerful and seemed like he liked to be in control. He was probably angry at my sudden actions, but as I looked up at him I let out an audible gasp as my eyes fell upon his face which held sadness. I could see tears forming up in his eyes, but clenched them tightly refusing to let them escape.

His face turned pale and his breathing grew heavier. He looked like he was about to pass out.

"I-Isabella, it's me, it's James". His voice was shaking as if he was afraid. But what was there to be scared of. I didn't know him. He was a stranger to me.

He looked like he had been destroyed. He looked like he had lost everything.

"I'm really sorry, but I don't know a James". 

Usually I'd scold myself for being abrupt and cold, but I was getting uneasy feelings and was still completely confused about my current situation.

The guy called James looked behind himself at another man who was wearing a doctor's coat. The supposed doctor looked back at him before looking at me with a quizzical look.

James scooted his chair closer towards me and reached out to grab my hand, but I moved it across my body in attempt to distant it from him.

"Isabella. Please, tell me what you remember". I looked up at James taken aback by his desperate plea. He didn't look like the type of man to plea.

I looked out of the window and tried to piece together the last memories I had. I felt like I had been asleep for years and suddenly it had become a challenge to remember pieces of my life. My head started to throb and a sharp pain tore through my head making me wince uncomfortably.

I stared out of the window starting to lose myself in my memories and slowly and surely they started coming back to me.

My parents had both been killed by a drunk driver and the man responsible was locked up. My best friend Louise. We're inseparable. I still remember that time when I was being bullied by a group of girls and during a science lesson Louise 'accidentally' set fire to the ends of one of my bullies' hair. There was another important memory. Oh. I'm madly in love with a man. But I couldn't put my finger on his name. We hadn't been together for a long period, but he was the sweetest and most perfect gentleman. I remembered our first date on the ice skating rink and how he had managed to hire it out for just us. It was so romantic and from that moment I knew I wanted more with him. What is him damn name-

"Damien".

My head whipped over to James and looked at him with wide eyes and my mouth agape proud that I remembered something.