"Oh fuck you," She says as she shoves me away. I laugh as I stumble backward, and I catch her trying to hide a chuckle too.

            "I'm kidding, I'll be top so you're more comfortable." I say. We're talking about riding on a boogie board, unfortunately. We only have 3 of them and the others are being used by Jungkook and Jin, so we're gonna attempt to go boarding on one together.

             It's a very weird position- she's laying on it properly while I'm above her and holding onto the sides of the board, my legs open and my crotch directly over her butt. I can just feel Jungkook's eyes burning through me from a couple yards ahead of us.

                I lean my lips close to Ji-won's ear and whisper seductively "Is this good baby?"

            "I WILL PERSONALLY FUCKING THROW YOU OFF THIS BOARD HOSEOK!" She yells while I burst out laughing. She shakes her head as we starting swimming out to the waves.

            She knows I'm just messing around, but I wish I could really call her that. She's moved on so quickly, and yet I don't think I ever will. Even if she believes I have, I'll still always want her, maybe even need her. It's worse when someone's just barely out of reach like this. So close yet so far.

                 But I'm okay, and I'm just grateful we're not strangers right now, that we can still joke around like this. That's more than I can ask for, and I respect what she's feeling. At this point I know it's Jungkook. I pretend to be okay with it.

                 We're swimming out and getting some of the softer waves, and our duel-boarding is actually working for now. We laugh when we get splashed and work together to keep swimming forward. A relaxing kind of teamwork.

              A big wave finally comes toward us, and we can't help but scream as we explode through it. Since the waves are powerful here, I'm fully pressed against her to not fall off, my bare chest on her bare back. I'm sure he's watching.

               I decide to just forget about Jungkook and focus on this time with Ji-won. We don't go to the beach often and I want to enjoy it.

             We fall off our board a big handful of times, freaking out and screaming every time. We've flipped over entirely too, which is even more thrilling than the boarding itself. We both laugh like crazy and it's hella fun, but it does get exhausting to continue swimming so much. After a while we turn our board around and start heading back to the shore, still getting some nice waves to help us move closer too.

                 When we're a couple yards away though, out of literally no where we get slammed into by another board- probably Jin's because he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing when it comes to this- and all three of us scream on impact. I'm thrown underwater and I shut my eyes tight to keep the salt water out since it would sting like hell after. I reach out and feel for Ji-won, grabbing her wrist when I find it.

                Another bigger wave comes in just then and sends us recklessly flopping closer to the shore underwater. I keep my grip on her wrist tight up until we roll onto shore, landing with me laying face-up in the moist sand and her on top of me laying face-down, head resting on my chest. It reminds me of how we were back at the ski trip, when she once loved me back. It reminds me of us laying in the grass next to the lake that night when I confessed, when she once wanted me back. The position is comforting and tormenting all the same... but something is off.

               Since fucking when did Ji-won get abs?

                My eyes shoot open and instead of my best friend I see Jungkook laying on me like some damsel in distress. He looks up at the same time as me, and we scream at the top of our lungs at the same time.