♛12

there was no doubt in daniel's mind that he wanted corbyn to be his. he loved making the blond smile, hear his laugh, blush; everything. although, daniel didn't think corbyn feels the same way.

daniel wasn't even sure if corbyn even knew what love felt like. obviously, his mother does an amazing job at making sure he feels loved, daniel wasn't sure if he's felt something beyond motherly love.

according to saskia, corbyn hadn't even been in a relationship before. which to daniel's friends as well as him was very unnatural.

currently, daniel was at his friend jack's house along with jonah and zach. the four had been sitting in jack's basement either talking or playing video games.

"so, has anyone found love yet?" jack asked a mocking voice.

"nope, not yet. but there is this cute girl who works at the cafe down the street. speaking of which, we should go." jonah spoke swiftly as he stood up.

"woah, woah, woah. slow your roll, jonah. we'll go to see your "lover girl", but i need to put my shoes on still." jack spoke as everyone stood and began walking up the stairs.

"wait— tatum?" daniel asked, seeing a slight nod from jonah as the four walked towards the front door, now having their shoes on with money in their pockets.

"she's a family friend of mine. i saw her the other day when i went to the cafe with c— a friend." daniel recovered quickly from his mistake, but it didnt go unnoticed by the others.

getting into the passenger seat, zach teased daniel nonstop. "who were you going to say, daniboy?"

"i said i was there with a friend." daniel spoke as he peered out the window, watching the trees move by swiftly.

"sure you were. who's your lover boy?"

"nobody." daniel spoke, zach muttering a small sentence that couldn't be heard the group pulled up to the cafe.

jonah, zach, jack, and daniel waltzed through the doors, messing around with eachother. the small ring of the bell was heard as the group walked to a booth.

in the booth in front of him, daniel glanced at the woman sitting there, seeing that it was saskia. wondering where corbyn was, daniel spoke to his friends.

"i'll be right back, my mother's work friend is over there and my mother told me to ask her to come over for dinner." daniel spoke abruptly, his friends nodding in return.

he stood up, making his way to the booth in front of them. he sat down across from saskia as she read a book.

"good afternoon, mrs. besson." daniel smiled politely.

"oh hello, daniel. call me saskia, you know i hate being called by my last name." corbyn's mother chuckled. "what brings you here?" she asked.

"i actually came over here to ask where corbyn was."

"he's back at home with his father."

"if you don't mind me asking, but— where has his father been?" daniel immediately regretted asking that question.

"his father and i have been divorced for over two years now. he just— didn't treat corbyn the right way. nothing physical, but he's changed now. they're actually coming in just a few minutes." saskia spoke. at that moment the ring of the door was heard, causing daniel to look up.

"well, i guess i'll get going now." daniel smiled as he made his way back to his table.

he watched as corbyn and his father walked over to the booth he was just at, corbyn sitting next to his mother. this gave daniel a clear view of him.

"who are you staring at? blondie?"

crap.