♛10

corbyn practically jumped out of the car in excitement, earning a few chuckles from daniel as he followed behind the blond.

"corbyn, it's just a cafe, slow down." daniel gripped onto corbyn's hand the boy had finally calmed down a bit, walking into the small cafe.

the cafe had a light gray theme going. white chairs and light wash gray tables filled the once empty space. people were scattered throughout the cafe, either working or simply admiring the area around them.

soft music filled both corbyn's and daniel's ears as the two admired the many art pieces that were strung on each wall.

corbyn and daniel took a seat across from eachother in a booth near the windows. corbyn glanced outside at the many birds that flew around, feeling the stares of daniel causing his cheeks to flush. he's been doing that quite a lot lately.

"why are you staring at me?" corbyn asked as he looked back to daniel. daniel's chin was placed atop his palm, admiring everything about the boy in front of him.

"why wouldn't i stare at you?" daniel smiled at the blond, enjoying the view until a voice broke his stare.

"good afternoon, daniel. who's your new lover?" asked the barista with a raised brow, a family friend of daniel's.

"well if you must know, tate." daniel paused. "this is corbyn."

"nice to meet you, corbyn." tate gave a cheeky smile as she pulled out her notepad.

"your usual?" she asked as she looked at daniel.

"you've got it." he spoke as he looked to corbyn. "what do you want, corbs?"

"i'll just have a sandwich. surprise me." corbyn chuckled as he flashed a small smile towards the barista.

"as for a drink? i already know daniel's." tate chuckled.

"a water will do."

"lame." daniel laughed.

"i'm sorry." corbyn sassed as tate laughed.

"alright, i'll be back in just a few moments." tate then walked away.

"how do you know tate?" corbyn asked, wanting to start a conversation.

"my family is very good friends with hers. we've been childhood friends for years." daniel spoke.

a brief, yet comfortable silence filled the air before daniel spoke.

"do you enjoy anything other than space?"

"i enjoy singing a lot. i can play the guitar and the piano as well. my mom tells me i'm pretty good, but i'm not sure if she's being sincere about it." corbyn spoke shyly, getting quieter and quieter.

"really?! i sing too. i was actually on american idol a few years back."

"what do you place?"

"ninth."

"wow. that seems amazing." corbyn gushed at the new information.

"it was. i met so many cool people who were such an inspiration to me." daniel smiled.

corbyn did nothing but smile at daniel's words. knowing daniel was happy made corbyn happier than ever. that's all he ever wanted for the boy.

although corbyn was for sure that he liked daniel, there was one thought that pulled him back.

they had only met yesterday.