day four, eight am.

jeongguk

i stopped the car in front of the motel, taking a deep breath before exiting. the past night had been one of the toughest ones; it had required me to drive for hours and hours before i could reach my target.

and i couldn't deny how much i enjoyed watching them suffer, just like i had suffered. and i enjoyed even more the fact that their leader was now very aware that i was coming.

loosening my grip on the steering wheel, i finally stepped out of the car, adjusting the collar of my shirt. i had been lucky enough to find him in his sleep, meaning his death had been one without blood, and therefore i didn't have to burn another set of clothes.

i adjusted my jacket as i walked through the double doors, nothing on my mind except that i needed to sleep, really badly. that is, until i found miyeon lying on the reception couch, looking like she would have really bad back pain if she slept there for a lot longer.

"she said she was only going to take a nap, but it's already been an hour of that," her sister walked up to me, hands on her waist as she looked at the younger one. "i don't have the heart to wake her up though, she took the whole night shift alone."

my eyes softened as i watched her sleep. she looked so serene, so angelic, and unlike any sleeper i had seen before.

"do you want me to... carry her to her room?" i offered, half in a daze from my own fucked up sleeping schedule, half still focused on the sleeping beauty.

"if you could... that would be nice yeah," hana showed me a full smile, and i wondered how someone could be so lively in the early hours of the morning. must have run in the family, anyway.

i moved towards the couch, slowly wrapping my arms under her knees and around her torso. hana gave me the keys to her room in the base floor, motioning around the staircase and then to the right as to tell me where her room was.

"thank you... you're a true gentleman," she joined her hands together, sighing. i almost let out a laugh at that.

"have a nice day, hana," i nodded at her once more before she disappeared behind the counter again.

i didn't expect miyeon to weigh much, considering how skinny she was, but i didn't expect her to weigh like a feather either. i tried to move as slowly and gently as possible, as i feared even the lightest touch would wake her up. and i could see how tired she looked, and i definitely didn't want that.

reaching the door to her bedroom, i reached for the keys and opened it with one hand, supporting her legs on my knee for a second. once i was able to push the door open, i got the both of us inside and shut the door after me.

the room was very... miyeon. it was bright, but not so bright as to the colors becoming flashy and hurting your eyes. and it was simple, but not too simple as if it had no personality. it gave off a calming vibe. just like she did.

i pulled on the white covers, laying her body down slowly and as softly as possible. i took off her apron and shoes, laying them on a chair next to her bed. adjusting her pillow, i made sure to make her comfortable as i tucked the covers in for her.

sitting down on the bed next to her, i couldn't help but reach out and fix a piece of hair that stubbornly landed on her cheek. her skin felt soft underneath mine, and so pure i was almost sure i had never met someone as close to an angel as her.

if only i had met you before everything went to shit.

i shook my head at the thoughts running through my mind, almost disgusted at them. i had a wife, a life before this. how could i now be doubting my feelings? how could this girl make me rethink how i knew i still felt about my wife?

but the truth was, she messed with me. in ways that i couldn't explain. and because i hated those thoughts, i was about to stand up from her bed and get some much needed sleep on mine.

until i felt her delicate fingers wrapping around my wrist, making my head turn and spin as she looked at me with half-squinted eyes, clearly more asleep than awake.

"don't go..." she whispered, voice so soft it resembled a river running.

taking a deep breath, i allowed myself to not resist her for once. pulling the covers, i lied next to her and let her wrap her arm around my body, face burying against my pounding heart.

"try to get some sleep, you deserve it," i whispered, lips pressing a soft kiss to her temple.

"why are you so good to me... and so bad at the same time?" she spoke in an equally low voice, fingers gripping my shirt.

i reasoned that she probably wouldn't remember this conversation later, and so i decided to answer her. "because i don't want you to get attached to someone who's doomed."

"if you keep believing that you're doomed, maybe someday you really will be," she sighed, the arm wrapped around me pulling me closer. "i wish you would just stop thinking of yourself as this evil person."

sucking in a breath, i almost confessed all my sins to her there and then. but i couldn't. because that would mean i wouldn't be able to see her again. and i wasn't ready for that.

"this is sleep talking, miyeon," i bit my lip, fingers tracing her back in random patterns. but why did this feel so right?

she didn't reply, and it was obvious she had fallen asleep again. i contemplated sneaking out to my room, afraid i would enjoy being with her a bit too much.

but i decided against it. this bit of heaven, i thought, i would allow myself to get.