Chapter 37: Peace

Start from the beginning

I nestled myself further into James' body burying myself in his warmth and in response James trembled slightly. His arms suddenly tightened around me, slightly knocking the oxygen out of me causing me to wince in pain. I glanced up at him about to ask him to loosen his grin, but my heart sank as I saw his frightened expression. I follow his eyes and I trembled uncontrollably as I saw Damien edging closer towards us carrying a huge gun with his lips quirked up in a sinister smirk. James' heartbeat was so loud and frantic that I thought it would burst out of his chest. Mine was no different.

James let go of me but still securely held me with one arm. His other hand frantically searched his pockets and the bed hoping to find something to stop Damien, but there was nothing. I tried screaming out to Chase who still had his back turned to us but the words couldn't come out. My head whipped back to Damien who was much closer now and was staring directly into my eyes.

"If I can't have you Isabella, then I'll make sure no one else can have you".

Damien lifted up the large gun and pointed it directly at us, specifically me. I knew that I wanted to die a while back, but now that I was wrapped up in James' hold I didn't want to die. Seeing this side of James gave me hope. Something I didn't think was possible. I wanted to see if there was a future. But now it was going to be taken away.

I closed my eyes slowly ready to accept my fate and clung onto James tightly refusing to let go. Suddenly my body got lighter and I felt myself being lifted up and whirled around before landing back on the soft duvet almost sinking in the thickness of it.

Bang

The loud ring of a gunshot sounded and the room instantly fell silent. I didn't feel any pain, but my body was covered in blood. But it wasn't mine blood. I looked up at James who was hovering over me with a ghostly expression. His strong blue eyes had faded and dulled but had not stopped staring at me. James' mouth was agape slightly and his face had instantly paled. I looked down his body and my heart momentarily stopped beating. There sat a large gunshot wound on his stomach, blood oozing out of him at a frantically fast pace and pouring onto my body.

Chase had instantly turned around and pulled out his gun shooting in the direction where Damien had stood. Both Chase and Damien were fighting each other like wild beasts, but my focus was solely on James.

I frantically moved myself from underneath him and carefully laid him down on his back ripping open his white shirt that was now completely red. My hands shook uncontrollably as I pulled his shirt away and gazed upon the wound and I grabbed the ripped shirt and placed it on the wound. James gritted his teeth as the soft material made contact with his open wound.

"I-I'm sorry James, I n-need to put p-pressure on the w-wound, I"-

"Shhhh sweetheart, it's okay. As long as you're alright, that's all that matters. I want you safe. I want you to find someone that you want to be with. I want you to be happy. I want you to find someone that can make you happy like I never could. I k-know it's a lot to ask, b-but can you forgive me for everything I've done to you. That's my last wish. I'm scared. I don't want to die with you hating me. Please c-can you forgive me my angel".

"James, I forgive yo"-

A painful grip suddenly wrapped tightly around my hair and yanked me back off the bed slamming my body harshly against the floor. I groaned in pain as my hand landed funnily on the floor twisted in a strange position. I looked up at James who was struggling around on the bed, his arm reached out towards me. I tried crawling away from the bed and away from Damien who had yanked me away from James. I pushed myself up and saw Chase lying on the floor clutching his leg that had 2 visible gunshot wounds on it.