thirty-two

that plan didn't really work.

katyas phone started to ring before anything could really happen. they were going to leave it but after hanging up on the person it just rang again, so katya figured it must be important.

trixie watched as her girlfriend sat down next to her and listened intently to the phone. she knew something was up when katya started talking in russian. trixie knew katya rarely spoke russian, she didn't know many russian people in boston so to she must be talking to her family.

after katya said goodbye to whoever was on the other end, she just put the phone down and sat staring.

"hey what's up?" trixie asked, in a small voice. "oh nothing you need to worry about kroshka." katya sniffed. "kats i'm not an idiot, you're crying! tell me what's up." trixie said. "it's not like i'm even upset! i hate my dad but i just found out he died so...yeah." katya said. soon the small tears turned into full blown sobs and trixie wrapped her arms around katya and let her cry into her shoulder.

"bit of a role reversal." katya giggled, between sobs. "you know it's okay to not be strong all the time?" trixie asked. "yep." katya said.

"the real reason i'm upset i guess, is that i'm going have to go to russia and leave you here alone." katya sniffed. "i'll be okay." trixie said. she tried to sound strong but katya knew the girl wouldn't be okay. "if it's too much i won't go." katya said. "you can't not go, surely there's stuff you need to sort." trixie said, her voice wavering.

"only like his whole estate, it could take weeks." katya explained. "i'll be okay." trixie reassured katya, even though she was beginning to cry too.

the girls hugged for a long time, the evening really did not take a turn for the better.