nine

it was 12pm the next day when katya received a phone call from trixie. she instantly picked up hoping the young girl was okay.

"everyone...is...out...it's...really...bad." was all trixie could say. "okay darling, hold on for me. send me your location and i'll come and help you calm down." katya said camly. trixie hung up and katya quickly received a text telling her exactly where trixies apartment was. katya got in her car, giving no explanation as to why she was leaving work and rushed to trixies apartment.

she climbed the stairs and was grateful the door was unlocked because she was pretty sure the young girl would not be able to get up and answer the door. she looked around and saw that one of the bedroom doors was slightly ajar. she made a beeline to it and was praying it was trixies. she entered and saw the girl leant up against her bed, struggling for breath.

"hi trixie." she said carefully and sat down next to her. "i want you to try and calm your breathing down with me. i know it's hard but just breathe in when i tell you to and breathe out when i say so." katya said. trixie barely nodded and katya got to work telling her to take deep breaths in and out. she watched as the girls ragged breathing started to slow down into more solid breaths. "okay, we're okay." said katya and flashed a soft smile to trixie. "sorry." was all the young girl could say before welling up in tears.

katya was unsure what to do as she saw the tears start streaming down trixies face. she didn't know if it was awkward or not to give trixie a hug. katya wasn't affectionate towards anyone. she disliked physical contact, however, as she looked into the girls crying eyes she couldn't help but open her arms and pull the girl into her chest.

"please don't be sorry i got you." katya said as she felt trixie cling onto her and continue to cry.