Chapter 19

Picture of Josh to the side. (Add glasses obviously.)

I awoke to my phone ringing obnoxiously. I quickly silenced it before anyone woke up then looked at the caller ID with blurry eyes from sleep. Isaac was no longer in the bed, meaning he had went back to Scott's. I yawned before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hello, Erin. Did I wake you?"

"No, no it's only-" I pulled the phone away from my ear, checking the time, my eyes widening, "5:30 in the morning. Jesus, Deaton how are you not tired?"

"Oh, I'm exhausted. I've been up all night, researching. Unfortunately, I have some alarming news about what you are."

As soon as he spoke those words, I was sitting up wide awake. "What do you mean alarming? What is it?"

"I think it'd be better if you came in to hear this."

I jumped up, pulling on a random pair of pants and a sweatshirt. "I'm on my way." I hung up, tucking my phone in my pocket and throwing my hair into a pony tail. I slipped on some Van's and grabbed my keys before opening my window. Luckily, the garage was connected right by my window and I jumped down onto that roof before jumping down off the garage and landing gracefully on the ground.

I got in my car, quickly pulling out before my aunt and uncle noticed. The drive there was quick, barely anyone was on the street so I sped there, eager to hear what he says. The sun was just coming up, the sky pink and orange.

I pulled into the parking lot, parking my car sloppily. I practically ran inside, Deaton waiting to open the gate for me. He looked exhausted, dark circles under his eyes and his clothes battered and wrinkled. I followed him to the back where books were everywhere.

"Do you know what a Nephalem is, Erin?" Deaton asked me, moving to stand at the end of the counter. He looked concerned as he looked at me, almost nervous.

I nodded, "It's uh, the offspring of a demon and an angel."

He smiled at me, "that's correct. But there comes a time when something rare happens. Such as a threesome hybrid. For example if an angel and a demon mate they'll have a Nephalem. Then the Nephalem mates with a werewolf, thus the werewolf/angel/demon hybrid, but it's very rare occasion. Almost as rare as a werewolf with white eyes..."

My stomach dropped, "so are you saying I'm a..."

"A Nephalem, yes. I was doubtful at first but once you told me about your black and white eyes when you helped your friends, it confirmed my suspicions. You see, it's almost like Nephalem's are bipolar. One minute they're an angel- or in your case a werewolf/angel hybrid- and almost as easy as a flip of a switch, they turn to a demon." He pointed to a picture and as I looked, I saw the same man, but two different people. One had white eyes, and white angel wings while the other had black eyes and black wings.

"Although, one side can be stronger than the other. Before you died and came back, your hybrid side had completely control and you were safe from turning. But because you did, you opened the door to the other side of you. You are extremely unstable now, Erin. Your demon side is accessible now and it's much stronger. You'll be able to do things you would never be able to do when you were one-sided, your eyes will no longer be the pure white you see. They'll be a sick, dark black and on full moons, like you already witnessed, you'll have one of each. You have already experienced some of your abilities, such as psychic abilities or having visions. You also have a much stronger mental condition, meaning you are smarter than most. But when you turn to the demonic side you will not only have a mental advantage, but a physical one as well. You'll be stronger and faster than any werewolf, even an alpha. Other common abilities are creating allusions, morphing reality, controlling space and area around you, controlling some or all of the four elements-,"

I interrupted, asking, "Like water, fire, air, and earth?"

"Precisely. There are also some more I can't name off the top of my head. Furthermore, you can possess power from both light and darkness. Your hybrid side will be stronger in daylight and your demonic side will want to come out in darkness, when it's stronger."

"You expect me to remember all this?" I asked him, more stressed out than I've ever been.

"You'll remember, you're intelligent enough. I'll also still be here, this is all I know as of right now but I can help you as much as I can if you need me to. I want to help you, Erin. What you are is rare; it's also fatal to not only you, but others around you. You need to get it under control before it's too late. This is why Deucalion asked you to join them, he was never going to do anything to your sister. He was trying to prevent you from doing exactly what you did. I didn't know at the time, but now it's too late. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode."

COMMENT

READ BELOW, IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEXT BOOK.

<^_^< >^_^>

OMG IT'S OVER.

So, you guys know what she is now. A Nephalem.

Question: What do you think about the whole idea of a Nephalem?

Question: Who's excited for the next book?

I'll post the next book Wednesday or Thursday. I'm going to my dad's until then and the wifi sucks.

I do know the name of the next book.

It'll be called, The Overcast. (It's like the darkness but this sounded cooler and better.)

Okay, see you then.