Chapter 8

In case you don't understand this chapter, the italics are flashbacks.

This is long.

Double update while I have pneumonia. You little shits better be grateful.

Not edited.

Oke, enjoy!

The bus rattled, thunder booming outside. Cross Country was heading to a meet, which happened to be hours away. On this bus includes Scott and Stiles, who sat in the back of the bus, Ethan, who was sitting with Danny, and Boyd, Isaac, and I who sat towards the middle. I was sitting on a bench with Isaac, my hood up and my head resting on the window while my legs were across him and Boyd sat on the bench across from us. Let's just say, with what just happened, we were a bomb shell just waiting to happen. 

I can't believe he's gone. 

I can't believe Derek's dead.

"Stop thinking about it." Boyd told me, practically reading my mind. I looked up at him, moving to sit up some so my whole back was resting against the window. "Like you're not thinking about it too?"

"Well let's all stop thinking about it." Isaac piped in, waking up from his short nap. It boggled my mind on how he could sleep right now, on a noisy bus full of students, and the thunder roaring over and over again.  

"I can't." I insisted, tossing my hands up and sighing heavily. It's haunting me, watching him topple ton his death. The image playing over and over in my head.

"Well there's nothing you can do about it."

"You sure about that?" With that, I got up and made my way to the back of the bus, ignoring Coach's calls after me. I sat down in front of Scott and Stiles, noticing Scott's grimacing face. "Scotty, let me see your side."

I reached for his shirt and he flinched away, "no, no, no, I'm all right."

Stiles joined in with me, pressuring Scott, "well you don't look all right."

"Would you just let me see it?" I reached down to grab it before he could protest and lifted it up, gasping. "Scott..." On the left side of his stomach, three long, deep slashes were laid against his stomach, dried blood surrounding it. 

I let go of his shirt, it sliding back down into place. "I know it's bad, but it's because they're from an Alpha. It'll take longer to heal."

"Then how come Boyd, Isaac, and I are fine? Remember the twins slashed up my whole shoulder worse than yours and I'm perfectly healed." 

Scott ignored me. He simply said, "I can't believe he's dead." He looked back out the window, whispering, "I can't believe Derek's dead."

"I know where they are!" Scott's voice came from the door as Boyd, Cora, Derek, Peter, and I stood around the table, blueprints of the Argent's building spread across the table. I was still infuriated with Derek for kicking Isaac and I out. Luckily Stiles' dad let me have their guest room, so I had a home. But the fact that he kicked us out, we're his betas.

"Same building as the Argents, we know." Derek said looking up.

"Cora and I followed the twins." Boyd said, looking at Scott as well, who was now walking towards the table.

"Then the want you to know."

"Or, more likely, they don't care." Peter said and Scott gazed at the blueprints. "What is this?"