Chapter 18

Hi. ^_^

The picture attached is Jasmine. She's played by Ryan Newman.

One chapter left after this...

I realize this is short, it's for a reason. I want next chapter to be JUST the explanation on what Erin is.

MY AMERICAN BULLDOG HAD HER PUPPIES AND OMFG THEY ARE SO CUTE:3

<^_^<             >^_^>

After Scott called Stiles to make sure everyone was okay, and Derek and Scott let Deucalion go after viciously threatening him, I met up with Isaac. We needed to have an Erin-Isaac talk, which usually ended in making out but for now it needs to be serious.

"Black and white?" He asked as the two of us sat on the cliff overlooking the city. We usually came here to talk now, the building we used to go to for sitting on the roof was torn down. 

I nodded before resting my head on his shoulder. "Yeah, and I don't know what it is. To be honest, I'm terrifed of what it is."

He took my hand in his, squeezing it tightly before resting them on his leg. We sat there silently for awhile and the sound of the beating of my heart made me realize the darkness was starting to appear, the side effect of dying. It was the first time I've felt it, and it felt like the vision I had when I went under. Completely darkness, not being able to move from it, no where to go.

"I feel it now," I told him in a whisper, "the darkness."

"Does it hurt?" He asked, wrapping his arm around me for comfort. 

I shrugged, "not physically. But emotionally, yes. It feels like depression on steroids. And it's only gonna get worse from here on out."

"I'll help you through it, okay? I'll be here." 

After a few minutes of silence, I felt the darkness subdue slightly. I blocked it out, not focusing on it and it suprisingly worked. I wonder if that works for Scott, Stiles, and- wait... Allison. I know Deaton said it was just a friendship but still, I needed Isaac to say it. I lifted my head to look at him. "So, what's with Allison?" 

He rolled his eyes with a fond smile and kissed my forehead. "It's called a friendship. Don't get mad at me for a friendship. Besides, what about you and Stiles? You guys are pretty close, almost too close."

"That's different," I protested, flipping over so I was sitting on his lap, straddling him. "Stiles... uh... He's- um... wow I guess it's not really that different." 

"Exactly."

"So there's nothing go on between you two?" I asked, just to be sure.

He groaned, rolling over so I was lying on the blanket with him hovering over me. He slowly leaned down, connecting his lips with mine in a slow, passionate kiss. "I only have eyes for you."

"I guess I can get pretty jealous, huh?"

"We both can. And that's okay, it shows how much we love each other." He leaned down, connecting our lips again. Only this time, like I said, it escalated quickly.

<^_^<           >^_^>

I turned the car off, hopping out after I made sure Josh's mom wasn't here. I jogged around the house and stopped at Josh's room, quickly and silently climbing up the tree. I peeked in the window and almost fell from what I saw. Josh and Jasmine were kissing. I smiled, they were adorable together, I couldn't be happier for them.

I quietly opened the window, going unnoticed by them. I smirked, this is gonna be fun. I slipped inside and crawled towards the end of his bed. Counting to three I jumped up yelling, "you two enjoying yourselves?" 

They both screamed, springing apart with red faces. I started laughing and sat on the bed, moving to sit in between them. "You know Josh, when I said make out with her, I didn't mean it seriously."

He groaned covering his face and I patted his back. "It's fine with me, you guys can do whatever it is you to do. Besides, you guys are the cutest thing ever." 

Before they could say anything, Jasmine's phone began to ring and she pulled it out answering it. Not in the mood for listening in, I flopped down on the bed putting my head in Josh's lap and just listening to Jasmine.

"This is she." It was silent for a few seconds until Jasmine spoke again. "Erin..." I looked up at her and she looked shocked. "It's Uncle Ben."

<^_^<                     >^_^>

A few days later, Jasmine and I were at a whole new house, Uncle Ben's new house. He says as soon as he found out that our parents were dead, he had searched for days on trying to find our numbers. When he found Jasmine's he called, and asked us where we were at. He was living in Washington but being one of the best surgeons in California, he had called Beacon Hills hospital and was immediately accepted for a job. 

Then Aunt April, who was a real estate agent, called around here and found a house.  Ben and April are so nice, way better than my parents ever were, even Jasmine agrees. They have a five year old son, our cousin Connor, who is the sweetest. It seemed unreal that this happened, but yet here I am going up to my room to go to bed.

I opened the door to my room, closing it softly behind me. I stripped off my clothes, pulling on some shorts and a tank top before slipping into bed. I sighed in comfort, getting under the covers and closing my eyes. 

Not five minutes after I laid down, my window slid open. I looked over to see Isaac shutting it and pulling his shirt off. He climbed into bed next to me, pulling me to his chest making us spoon. I entwined our fingers, closing my eyes and drifting to sleep, content for the first time in days. 

<^_^<                      >^_^>

This chapter was basically tying up lose ends. There's a lot of skipping around and it's terribly short but whatever. 

Next chapter will probably be even shorter, but it'll be critically important for the next book. 

QUESTION: DID YOU LIKE NEWLY BITTEN OR MILITARISTIC BETTER?