Chapter 17: Project

"We're here" Chase announced as he climbed through my balcony doors. Looking up from my laptop I see them both walk through. I need to remember to move the wood platform after he leaves, I dont want any unexpected visits from him.

Aaron walks through afterwards, "Whats up, ladies" Chelsea scrunches up her face in disgust, "Well here are your papers" She stated handing the rubic to the boys. She laid on the floor with her laptop while I sat criss-crossed on my bed.

"Wow thats a lot!" Chase states looking at the rubic. The bed dipped as he took his seat next to me. Looking up I grimace and push him off. He falls on the floor with a thump. He got off the floor with a scowl while I hold in my laugh. Not really. I  was dying of laughter and clapping my hands like a seal. Aaron and Chelsea laughed along with me. Chase took another shot at sitting on the bed, this time I let him.

"So what do we do?" Aaron asked taking a seat at the foot of my bed. Chase furrowed his eyebrows at the paper, "Why dont we split it up and take different years. Like the 1700's, 1800's, 1900's, 2000's. Look up information then we combine it together and fit it into our report. Then we can create the presentation with the information we have." Looking up he see's the look on our faces. I nudge him with my elbow "Mr. Smarty pants" He raised an eyebrow "It's basic knowledge" He deadpanned.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he looked away rolling his eyes. Chelsea looked up at us from her spot on the ground "I'll take the 1900's" she stated. "I'll take the 1700's" I stated and the boys decided that Aaron take the 2000's and Chase take the 1800's. We all log into our laptop and begin researching.

"Scoot over" Chase whispers. I hum still looking at my laptop, "Nope".

He sighs before moving the laptop and scooting my body over, "Why are you so difficult?" He mumbles. I lay on my bed with my latop at the foot of the bed, Chase doing the same. His arm was touching mines considerinng he decided to sit so close. Scrolling through the 1700's era, I am facinated by the way they dressed. I hate dresses but they're outfits look so elegant and sophisticated.

I bit my lip in concentration and whack away a strand of hair that was in my face. As I scroll it constantly keeps falling back into my face. Suddenly his hand reached out and tucked my hair behind my ears. I look to him and he gives me a short smile. I give him a weird look before smiling back, "thanks" I whispered. Mentally I was face palming myself for not thinking of doing that. Phsycally I was trying to hold in a traitor blush.

He turned back to his laptop as the light hits his face, giving him a soft glow, "You're staring" He muses. I turn back to my laptop with a blush, "Oh shut it!" I hissed bitting my lips to hold in a laugh.

After a while, I was starting to get hungry, Im craving pizza. "Who else is hungry?" I asked. They all nod and agreed with me, "I was wondering when we were going to get food" Aaron stated.

"We are your guest, you're supposed to feed us" He smirked. The corner of my lips tugged up as I got off the bed. I softly push his head, "What do you think i'm doing right now?" I questioned. He grinned "Stalling. Bring me food women!" I scoff "No, caveman." I noticed Chase give us a weird look before going back to his work.

I jog downstairs and grab the phone. Typing in the number I waited for someone to answer. Yes, I know the number by heart..I love pizza! "Hello, What would you like to order?" A lady asked. My eyes widened when I realized I forgot to ask what everyone wanted. "Give me a quick second" I say before covering the bottom half of the phone and walking to the stairs. "What kind of pizza?" I yell. A chorus of peperoni and cheese rang out, I placed the phone back to my ears, "Can I get one pepperoni and one cheese" The lady on the other end answered, "Okay, it will be there in 15 minutes" she tells me after giving her my adress.

I hang up and run back upstairs. Everyone looked up at me when I walked in, "Pizza will be here in 15" I tell them before jumping on my bed in a laying position. Chase bounced up slightly.

"I'm drained" He groaned moving his laptop and laying his head on the bed. I looked at the time to read, '9 O'clock'. I nod, "we have a lot of time to finish it" I assure and they nod. We all close down our laptops and sit on the floor in a circle. We all exchange looks as we sit silently.

"Why dont we play truth or dare?" Aaron suggested wagging his eyebrows. I raised up mines, "All that game ends up in is kissing someone" I state rolling my eyes. Chelsea smirked in my direction. "You would know, right Avery." I grimace. "What is she talking about?" Chase asked.

I looked to him, The nagging sensation was telling me to tell him. I dont like this new feeling, I dont know what It is but its bothering me. I shrug, "At the party, I was dared to kiss Nick" His eyes widened slightly "It was a dare?" He asked and I nodded.

"I dont just walk up to strangers and kiss them"

Aaron pouted "Aw why not?" He winnked. Chase shoved Aaron, "Dude!" He exclaimed warningly. Aaron put his hands up in the air, in surrender, "Im just playing around, Chase".

"Anyways lets play" Aaron announces. He grabs a bottle in my room and raised an eyebrow, "Beer?" he asked. "That was a long time ago" I simply say shrugging it off. He nods and spins the bottle making it land on me, "Truth or dare?"

I sighed, "Dare" Both boys exchanged a high-five "we got a rebel in the house!" Aaron yelled out wildly.

"Just shut up and tell me what I have to do" I state leaning on one hand. "I dare you to kiss Aaron" Chelsea perks up. I give her a weird look, she is acting just like the girl at the party. Way to happy about these dares. I shrugged, "Fine" Aaron's eyes widened with glee.

Moving to face him, I planted my lips on his. His hands went up to my cheek as he held it there. After a few seconds I moved away. Sitting back in my original seat inbetween Chase and Chelsea the game continues. Aaron winks at me playfully and I laugh, "Shut up, idiot".

The bottle landed on Chelsea, "truth or dare?" I asked. She looked from me to Chase who looked lost in thought then back to me "Dare". It looks like she was telling me what to dare her to do, with her eyes. I sighed and felt a nagging sensation in my heart. I nod. "I dare you to kiss Chase" Chase's head snapped up quickily with wide eyes.

"Is it alright?" Chelsea asked softly. I noticed Chase's eyes look to me before darting around the room as if he got caught, "sure, babe."

She smiled before moving towards him. He placed his hand on her waist and cheek. There lips connected and I found myself looking to the ground. The sound of the doorbell broke them apart.

Chelsea's face was red and she looked like she was in heaven. Chase on the other hand looked normal. I jumped up, "I'll get it" I run downstairs with the same nagging feeling and open the door, "17.99" I hand him the money and close the door turning around and inhaling the beautiful aroma.

Opening my eyes I see all three of them giving me weird looks, "What? Never seen a girl smelling pizza?" I ask. They laugh as I strut passed them and into the kitchen.