Chapter 18: I Care

After the pizza, Aaron and a still blushing Chelsea went home complaining how they were tired. It was barely 12, there such wimps. Anyways, the only person that stayed was obviously Chase.

To my dismay of course.

We were throwing away the pizza boxes when I finally decided to ask him the questions replaying in my head.

"Chase. Remember the party?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows at my vague question before he smirked, "which one, I've been invited to many in my short stay."

When I narrowed my eyes at him, he acted like he suddenly remembered, "ah. Its now coming to me, continue.'' I rolled my eyes before turning my back to him to wash my hands, "after the fight what did you mean by, why did I have to kiss Nick and why I had made you punch that guy?"

Nothing but the sound of running water was heard. I thought maybe he left but when I turned around to see him standing with a blank face, my thoughts were proven wrong.

"Chase? You still in there?" I ask waving and snapping my fingers in his face. His hand reached out and grabbed my hand, stopping it in mid air, "forget about what I said at the party."

His eyes held an unknown look as he held my wrist. It didnt hurt but I didnt like the tingling sensation I got from his warm hand on my skin. I also didn't like the fact he didn't want to tell me what he basically blamed me for.

I yank my hand out of his and cross my arms across my chest, "No."

"No?" He questioned as if he didn't hear me. He crossed his arms like mines, "why are you so stubborn?" He mumbled to himself.

"I have a right to know. I mean you did blame it on me then took off and the next day you wanted to act all buddy buddy, so what's up?"

He narrowed his eyes at me and I did the same. It went on for a good minute before he sighed and shut his eyes, running his hands angrily through his hair.

"It's nothing really." He tells me before turning around to leave. I instantly run and grab his wrist turning him around to face me, "I'm not letting you go until you tell me why!"

"Fine. Want to know?" He asked yanking his wrist from my hand.

"I was angry that my sister was at the party, I didn't know you kissed Nick as a dare and I punched that guy cause he was harrassing you!" He raged.

I stood frozen in shock at his outburst. I didn't know what to do but stay quiet and stare stunned at him.

Chase sighs, looking away from me, "Believe it or not, I care about you Avery. I found myself angry that you kissed Nick and angry that that douche was harrasing you!"

My eyes widened slightly at the 'I Care about you' part and I guess he noticed it cause he scoffed, "Don't act so surprised. If you haven't noticed I've been defending you quite a lot. Have you wondered why West was unconscious? "

I nodded with furrowed eyebrows. Had he done that to West...for me? Had he been defending me behind my back all this time?

"He approached me talking crap about you and I snapped okay?" He revealed softly pulling Mr back to reality.

"I snapped because I didn't want him to talk about you behind your back and especially not in front of me."

The corner of my lips tugged up into a smile.

Oh gosh, I'm turning soft.

"I didnt know you did all of that.." I trailed.

"Right, you didn't know." He snapped before sighing and running his hands through his hair once again.