Chapter 33: Dating?

"Chase can we talk?"

He raised up from the bed and rests his phone down. "What's up?" He drawls out cautiously.

I knit my brows together at his worried look, "why do you look like that?" I wondered.

"Cause usually when a girl says 'can we talk' its 99% percent of the time bad." He stated in a 'matter-of-fact' tone; his hands raising in quotations.

I roll my eyes at his stupid assumptions, "I just have to ask you something. Calm down." I assure sitting on the bed besides his. He turns his body so he was sitting on the edge, facing me; our knees touched due to the closeness of the beds.

"Are we dating?"

His eyebrows shot up in shock at the question, probably not expecting me to blurt it out like that.

"Uh..yeah." He responded nervously.

"Why are you nervous?" I inquire watching him over.

"I'm not." He denies, "its just I thought you knew." He shrugs lightly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well you never told me we where." I said, wondering if I sound dumb for not knowing of a relationship I was in.

Yeah, I probably sound dumb.

"I thought when I said I like you and kissed you it sort of meant that I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Yeah but, aren't you supposed to ask me, like literally?"

"Oh." His face dawns in realization. A short silence falls between us.

Well this just got awkward.

All of a sudden he shot off the bed, grabs my hand and I am instantly whisked away through the house.

"Chase where are we going?" I demand trying to match his pace.

He grabs the keys off the table ignoring the strange looks from his parents and grandma and pulls me outside with him. Unlocking the door I am seated in the passenger seat, watching as he runs around the front of the car into the drivers seat.

"Are you insane?" I question incredulously, out of breath due to all his maniac running .

He starts the engine and glances to me with a smirk, "Yes." He replies, just as breathless, driving off to god knows where.

30 Minutes Later.

We eventually pulled up to what looks like the middle of the woods. By now a perminant scowl has etched it way onto my lips. I hate going with the flow and running.

"Come on." He says getting out the car. I stubbornly stay put with a quirked eyebrow. Chase has already got out but when noticing I hadn't he turned to me.

He let out a sigh rolling his eyes and making his way back to my side. I locked the door which didn't make sense cause he had the keys and unlocked it back.

"Don't be so stubborn, Avery." Chase begs holding open the passenger door.

His big blue eyes and the look on his face had me feeling guilty. I tried putting off the feeling so bad but it consumed me. With a sigh I reluctantly got out.

"Thank you!" He sighs irritably with a hint of sarcasm.

"My pleasure." I respond with an equal amount of sarcasm back.

He motions for me to follow him and I do. When I saw him entering the woods I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but continued in nevertheless.

"Are we almost there?" I call out. I feel like I have been walking for hours. As you can see I'm not a big fan of exercise. No wonder my P.E coach hated me so much. Then again, I did fill his baseball cap with custard on thanksgiving. Man watching the look on his face as it spilled down it was priceless. Simple but still one of my best works yet.