Chapter 37: A Day With LeeAnn

I entered the mall with all intentions of finding the most expensive dress I could find and seeing the scared look of LeeAnn's face when the price rang up at the register.

"Need a new dress" my ass. My dress was perfect. Sure it may be black, but black is a color like every other, it shouldn't be treated differently. And I can't believe Chase agreed with her over me, I'm still not done with him but he promised to pick me up if evil lee becomes too much to handle.

Sadly, she drove us here even though I insisted; it was part of my plan to take my dress and run, but I lost that bet when Jane Grey came out all happy and cheery and curious. I scowl at the thought of my near argument being shut down by yet another nosey, yet bubbly person.

"So tell me about yourself!" LeeAnn chirped, as we walked through the mall. I walked blindly, having never been here before.

"Why?" I countered.

"Because I want to get to know you?" She said in an obvious manner. "I want to know how you met Chase."

I hummed, "ah, so that's the real question, now isn't it. How did I meet Chase?"

She rolls her eyes and nods. "Yes Avery. And believe it or not, I feel absolutely terrible about the way I've been treating you. Jealously is a crazy thing."

I scoffed, "I'm sure it is."

Is this really what I signed up for? A heart to heart with LeeAnn. I'm not interested.

"It is." She sighs, stopping to face me. "You can't tell me you've never acted crazily jealous over a guy before."

I tapped my chin in thought, then realized no guy could possibly turn me into whatever she is. "Nope!" I said, popping the P. "That's all you."

"So you never got jealous over another girl with Chase?" She countered, calling my bluff.

Yes, you. I thought, but refrained. "Not really." I shrugged and continued walking.

"Oh, you're just as cool as a cucumber.." she trailed. "We'll see about that." She muttered lowly under her breath, thinking I didn't hear her.

I let that one slide, yet I was curious on what she meant. Was she threatening me? I'm ready for anything she throws at me, she's been all over him since I got here. I think I can handle her little crush.

"So are you excited for the wedding?" She chirped, not leaving a second for silence.

Much to my dismay.

"Ecstatic!" I faked enthusiasm, waving my hands up in the air dryly.

She scoffs, "I bet you just can't wait to go home."

Honestly, I was counting down the days. This wedding seemed to take longer than I expected. With all the events happening, I swore I've been here a week already. And I've had just about enough. I missed my mom and Chelsea. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a little minuscule part of me even misses Aaron. Even if he's annoying.

"And I bet you just can't wait for me to go home." I retorted, staring through the window at a deep purple, long and elegant dress. Not really my forte but it was mesmerizing.

"Not purple." Was her response, walking past the shop. "That's the color of my dress and one of Chase's favorite colors."

I knew she added that just to get to me, but I wasn't going to let her. "Hmm..last time I checked it wasn't."

"Well that's because you don't know him as well as I do." She gloats. "Now scurry along, we must get a dress before sundown."

I wanted nothing more than to call Chase in that very moment. But I held my ground. My mission had changed to find the most jaw dropping dress I could, so gorgeous that I'd have LeeAnn shaking in furry.

I plan on making her completely and utterly jealous, wishing she was me with Chase at the wedding. I have to put on my best act; it will be hard, but completely worth it. She expects me to mess up, she thinks she's the better girl for him. But that's all going to change.

-

After hours of endless torture, and by torture I mean shopping and LeeAnn- but mostly LeeAnn- I found the perfect dress! She didn't see it, she was too busy checking her manicure and instead just handed me her credit card to pay for it.

I entered the house to silence. It was odd, with all the people living in the house, it was empty.

"Where is everyone?" LeeAnn pondered.

"Good question." I uttered, taking off my shoes and grabbing them in my hands.

LeeAnn shut the door and I was about to make my way upstairs to put away my stuff when a freshly showered Chase came jogging down the stairs.

"Oh you guys are back." He exclaimed, eyes widening in shock. They softened on me and he instantly pulled me into a hug. I melted in his touch and hugged him back, I needed it after the long day I had.

"I've missed you." He said, resting his chin on top of my head. I smiled at the vibration of his words and the sound of his heart beating just a bit faster.

"Where is everyone?" LeeAnn asked.

"Mom, Dad and Grandma went to visit Aunt Stacy. Lizzie, her boyfriend and Adam went with them."

"Why didn't you go with them?" I asked, lifting my head up to meet his eyes. He still had a tight hold on me, and I wasn't planning on moving away. I could basically feel LeeAnn burning envious holes in my head.

"I didn't want to leave without you. Besides, my aunt Stacy doesn't like me very much." He chuckled nervously.

"Why?" I asked, curiously.

"Uhm.." he trailed, casting LeeAnn a look. "It's a long story."

Now I was very curious. I moved from his hold and glanced between the both of them. LeeAnn grinned like what he was going to say was going to get me upset.

"Well I want to know." I demanded. I was tired of the secrets between them. The way they'd look at each other when the past was brought up; Chase nervous and her full of gloat and pride. It was annoying.

Chase sighed knowing I wasn't giving this up and settled on telling me. "LeeAnn and I broke her favorite antique one of a kind vase when we were playing around."

That's wasn't so bad. I wondered why he was so hesitant on saying it. Was there more to it? I was content with his answer and decided to leave it at that, until LeeAnn spoke up.

"You always played a little rough." She winked, grabbing her purse from the seat. I blinked in surprise at her words, finding a double meaning. Before I could say anything, she bid her goodbyes and left.

I took a deep breathe reminding myself that it was a long time ago. I hated the history that they shared, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I just couldn't wait for this wedding to be done and over with.