Chapter 23: The Mall

Chase walks towards us with two plates in his hands. When noticing I was in his seat he scowled, but it soon disappeared when he gives us our plates.

The smell is the first thing that hits me along with the hotness of the bottom of the plate in my hands. It smelt so delicious leaving my stomach to grumble in anticipation.

I down at it to see bright yellow scrambled eggs and two strips of sizzling mahogany bacon. I smile at the sight, it's my favorite breakfast.

Of course I don't tell him that.

"Thanks." I mutter still in awe.

"It's no problem, really." He shrugs, falling into the single sofa I once sat on. I take a bite of the bacon, moaning at the delicious taste of it.

Who knew Chase could cook.

"It tastes amazing!" Chelsea compliments, taking girly bites of her bacon while I had just devoured the slice. I nod, agreeing, with my cheeks stuffed. Not the slightest bit embarrassed.

We ended up watching TV as Chelsea and I finished eating. The house grew hot with everyone occupying the space. I rest my plate on my lap and remove my jacket. I stuff it in between Chelsea and I.

"Is it too hot?" I hear a whisper, I roll my eyes when realizing who it was.

I turn to Jason actually confused and a little skeptical. Was he trying to have a conversation with me? A civilized one at that.

"Should I move?"

My expression drops flat at his fail attempt to be funny. Just when I thought he wasn't a moron he proves me wrong.

"Yeah, you should move." I say, lifting my empty plate into my hands.

I finally got a reaction out of him, he sinks back into the sofa with a scowl etched on his face. I rolled my eyes.

For some unknown, bizarre reason, I think if Chase were to say that, I'd still be annoyed but it'd be somewhat okay. Since Jason said it, it's definitely not okay.

I get up taking Chelsea's empty plate as well and walk to the kitchen. I place them into the sink, running some water on it.

I feel someone else enter the kitchen. I figure it's Chase or Chelsea so I don't mind it. However when I turned around to see Jason, I was more than shocked.

"What do you want?" I ask, bored.

So far everything that seems to come out of his mouth makes me want to punch his teeth in. What could possible be so important that he had to follow me in here?

"I came to apologize."

Was he actually going to apologize? He's probably going to say something after to make him sound like a jerk sort of like he did a few minutes ago.

"I don't have time for games." I said, I move to pass him but he blocks me with his body. I looked up at him angrily.

"Move." I demand.

"No." He replied.

I glare into his eyes and he does the same to me. It goes on for a while until I wear him out. He blinks with a sigh, "I am truly trying to apologize. I've been acting like a jerk to you and I'm sorry."

I searched his eyes not believing a word he was saying. When I caught a flash of sincere in his eyes, I knew he was truly apologizing. I wasn't the forgiving type but I decided to give it a break.

Not being forgiving is a lot of work because then he will bother me more for me to accept it and I really don't have time for that.

Besides, he's just staying for a few more days and leaving, then I never have to see him again.