Chapter 4: The new kid gets on my nerves!

It is now 5th period. Mr. Smith.

Kill me now.

I walk into the class late as usual. I glance around the class to notice the new kid on his phone during class, and Mr. Smith doesn't even say anything or notice for that manner.

I guess he only listens to me since I am after all his favorite student. Mr. Smith stops talking and turns to me with a glare, "thank you so much Ms. Williams for gracing us with your presence."

I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic greeting, "whatever" I mutter, earning a few snickers from my fellow classmates.

The snickers seemed to set him off. "You have no respect for your-" I cut him off.

"Elders? I know!" I shrug, making my way to my seat. I drop my book bag on the floor and kicked my feet up.

"I was going to say authorities!" he spat turning red in rage.

"Hold on tomato! Remember you're still a teacher!" I smirk at him and he growls, his face making a weird look before marching to me pointing a finger in my face.

"YOU NEVER LISTEN!" he roars.

I roll my eyes, "tell me something I don't know." The famous Selena Gomez song instantly fills my head, I quickly end it. I wasn't in the mood for a full-blown showdown with Mr. Smith. I sigh, putting down my feet. "Fine! Teach! I'll listen" I cooperate.

He smiles bright, walking back to the board. "Thank you!" He huffs.

"Yeah, you're not welcome" I said, sarcastically. It was under my breath but he still heard.

He frowns but continues teaching the class. I was bored instantly and shift my head to gaze around the class. I didn't really remember much of the class. I was never really around. I saw a 'nerd' push up his huge glasses then stare at the board. He sneezed in his hand and looked at it.

Gross. I think I just lost my appetite.

I shift my eyes to Olivia 'the 'popular' cheerleader curling a piece of her blonde hair and popping her bubblegum. She caught me looking at her and made a look of disgust. I roll my eyes and scan more until my eyes landed right at the new kid. I never got his name.

He was actually paying attention and leaning his head on his fist. I guess he felt my gaze on him because he snaps his eyes to mine, catching me off guard. He tilts his head with a puzzled expression but replaces it with a glare. I sigh in annoyance and glare back.

"Is there a problem?" the teacher asked. I just told him I would listen and now he is trying my patience. I mean I didn't even make a sound. This is why I have low patience for Mr. Smith.

"No!" I spat. I stand up storming out and at that very moment the bell rings and I head to lunch.

I notice other kids come out and walk to their lockers or talk to their friends in groups or rush to the cafeteria with their friends hoping to get the good lunch before all that's left is string beans. I shove my bag into my locker taking out my wallet and sticking it into my back pocket.

I was walking down the hall to meet up with Chelsea when he bumps right into me. I look back at him to see he was still glaring at me. He must still be mad about what I did. I roll my eyes at him and continued down the hall.

When I make it to Chelsea's locker, she is now closing it. She smiles at me, "Hi Avery!"

I smile back, "Hey Chels."

She has been my best friend for 3 years. I met her on the first day as a freshman. I instantly didn't like her thinking she was a bubbly, annoying person, who was a little quiet and shy. That's is exactly what she is, but scratch off the annoying part, she is actually a great friend and even though we are total opposites, she accepts me for who I am and not as some 'bad girl' even though that is who I am and proud.

She has been there when I got into jail and when I came out. I mean it doesn't get any more best friend material than that. She was actually the one who bailed me out since mom was a little ashamed to do it. I instantly wanted to repay her back but Chels said everything was okay. But I still try owing her back when she doesn't know, like when we go out for Starbucks I always pay and she got so used to it that she doesn't even notice or care.

We walk to the cafeteria and go to the line. It was way  too long. So, I do what any other person in this school would do at this moment.

"Hey! Remember me from your 1st period class" I smile at the girl who was second in line. 

Her eyes widen slightly, "oh! Yeah you're Avery." She says recalling my name.

I smile at my plan falling into place, "yes! You are such a great friend, can I cut in line?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

She sees nothing by it and nods, "sure!" she smiles, instantly allowing me to cut the line. At least I have some manners instead of just skipping. She thinks she has a new friend and I got my lunch. Everyone's happy!

I gather my lunch into my tray and approach the register to pay. Only when I reach into my back pocket trying to get my wallet, I realize it wasn't there. I start searching every pocket I have, some people give annoyed looks and sighs but I just turn to them and glare at all of them, clearly not in the mood for their attitude.

I scan around the cafeteria to see if I dropped it but my eyes only land on the culprit standing right in the middle of the cafeteria, holding it up in the air between his index and middle finger shaking it a little as it teasing me. His lips forming into a huge smirk. You've got to be kidding me. I zero my eyes at him only causing his smirk grow smug. I know what he did and he was happy about it.

"I'll be right back" I growl.

"Avery! Go easy on him." Chelsea calls out as I walk away.

I march right up to him. He had a group of friends already around him, even the 'populars' were on 'his' table. I stopped when I was inches away from him, glaring deep into his cold soul.

"You pick pocketed me!" I yell, pressing my hand against his hard chest. The cafeteria got quiet and everyone's eyes were on us. Once again

He didn't even flinch at my hit. Instead he tilts his head down, "Oh Smokey! Is this yours?" He taunts, with a knowing smirk.

I narrow my eyes, "you know its mines!" I said through clenched teeth.

He shrugs, innocently. "I found it on the floor."

"You liar!" I protest and try to grab it, but he was quicker and held it up higher, taking advantage of his height over me.

"Give me my wallet!" I yell, jumping up to reach it.

"Nope!"

"People are waiting in the damn line!" I wave my hands outwards, when he pulls it up higher and higher out of my reach. "Give me my wallet. New kid".

He shakes his head. "You shouldn't have had my motorcycle towed!" His jaw ticked.

I stab my finger at his face. "You shouldn't have parked it in my spot then."

"You should know I don't care about a parking spot!"

"No, you should know! I'm about this close to punching you!" I yell aggregately, using my index and middle finger to squeeze it together to show the amount of patience I have left.

"Hmm...sure!" he doubts, rolling his shoulders back.

"Fine you asked for it buddy!" I hiss. I instantly bawl up my fist and aim it for his stomach so fast he had no time to react. He crouches over holding his stomach as he puffed out air.

"Don't touch my stuff!" I growl in his ear before walking back to the line with my wallet.

He is so annoying...