Chapter 8: Dinner with the Greys pt.1

Remember when I said that it was going to be a good Saturday, well it was until I was dropped with the most unwanted thing any teenager who lives next to a complete psycho had to do.

Have you ever remembered lying in an utterly comfortable spot, so comfortable that you wouldn't even think about getting up if you're house was on fire? Afraid that you do, you might lose your spot?

Well, that's what I had to do.

"Ugh! Mom why would you even want to go over there for dinner?" I whined chasing after my mom who just told us that we are going over the Grey's for dinner.

She was going through her closet picking out an outfit, "Ave they are new to the neighborhood besides they have children. You could make some more friends beside Chelsea." she pulled out a pants and cute top which I didn't know she had and placed it on the bed. I made a mental note to borrow it.

"Trust me! I've meet their son. That's why I don't want to go and plus I can only stand Chelsea. This is my Saturday. The one day I have no school." I pout, crossing my arms.

"There's Sunday" She retorts.

I let out a sigh of annoyance, "But Mom!"

"Avery Rae Williams! We are going, end of discussion so hurry and get ready, we are leaving in an hour."

Knowing I lost this battle I left to my room to get ready muttering incoherent words under my breath. I try to never argue with my mother. Everyone else fine, but not my mother since she is all I have left and well...because she is my mother.

I drag my feet into my room and close the door. Reluctantly, I began searching through my closet when I heard someone shout my name. I turn around and glance out my window to see Chase leaning on his balcony with both his elbows on the railing. I walk to my balcony ready to close the door when he spoke, "so you're coming over for dinner, huh?"

I roll my eyes, "Sadly I am. So, leave me alone so I can get ready." I said and place my hand on the balcony doors knob getting ready to close it.

"Fine! See you soon Smokey!" he smirked.

I go to close the door when he yelled out, "oh! And wear something sexy!" he winks.

I am going to kill him.

"Pig!" I shouted in disgust and shut the balcony doors, pulling my curtains close with all my strength. I let out an angry huff, heading to my closet. I threw on the bed a pair of black leggings and a maroon sweater that hung a little loose on me. It was casual but cute. Definitely not sexy. He doesn't deserve it.

I saunter into the bathroom and since my hair was already straight I left it out and kept the makeup I already had on my face on but added some red lipstick.

I enter into my room and grab my phone in my hand and jog downstairs to see mom all dressed up, "I was just about to call you!" she said and I smiled.

"Well! Let's get this thing over with!" I clap, heading for the door when she stops me.

I glance back at her, gathering her concerned expression. "Ave... Can you be on your best behavior. For me." she pleads.

I nod, "fine mom. I'll try."

She gave me a stern look but gave up knowing I wasn't going to make any promises.

Mom grabs her famous macaroni casserole and we walk out the house. I lock the door since she had the bowl in her hands. We then walked into the street and to the right into their driveway.