Chapter 29: I like you

I woke up the next morning with a scowl. It was Tuesday meaning school has started back and I reluctantly had to go. I groan tiredly getting off the bed and picked up my phone from the floor.

I check the time and realize I am late, like really late. I got ready and rushed off to school in my usual leather jacket. Hopping out the car, I head for the office to get my pass.

"Morning Blondie." I greet walking toward the angry blonde behind the desk. She grimaced at me and hands me a late pass without even saying a word. I guess she was used to it by now.

"Thank you." I say in a mocking manner walking out the office.

Looking down at the pass I see its 5th period, Mr. Smith's.

This day couldn't get any better, I should skip. However the thought of seeing Chase made me want to go yet I felt nervous. Nervous of how he is going to act around me after yesterday.

Was he going to pretend it didn't happen or is he going to do something about it?

I stand in front of the door taking a deep breath hopping to calm the nerves in my stomach. Turning the knob I am greeted with a full class and a scowling Smith.

"Thank you so much for gracing us with your presence, Avery." His tone laced with sarcasm as the students watch for my retaliation.

"Don't you ever miss a day of school?" I scowl walking in. His eyes follow me angrily as I take my seat.

"No because unlike you I am a professional, punctual intellectual."

I sigh watching him with a bored expression. I lean back in my seat motioning for him to continue with his class.

Our arguments could go on for days but luckily for him it always ends at, "go to the principles office!"

Mr. Smith purses his lips with narrowed eyes before continuing the class. As he speaks my eyes roam the class seeing the familiar faces I know all too well. Everything looked the same. The smart kids all focusing while the rest of the 95% rests there head tired on the desk.

I was about to look away but something caught my attention. Chase sat in the back off the class with Olivia Blanc.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion watching as she clutches to his arm.  What is he doing sitting back there with her? Chase remains looking forwards at Mr. Smith like he doesn't even mind that she's on him.

I narrow my eyes at her, feeling my nerves replace with something else along the lines of jealousy. Chase's eyes suddenly dart to me as if he felt me watching him.

I glance from him to Olivia feeling jealous and uneasy. I felt upset that he doesn't mind her but then again he isn't my boyfriend. Chase's eyebrows furrows looking down to Olivia before me. I scoff softly turning back around.

He was playing me, wasn't he.

Mr. Smith's class drags on a bore. I couldn't focus because my thoughts constantly kept replaying yesterday at the party and the fact Olivia clung to him as we speak.

The bell rang signalling lunch and I couldn't run out any faster. I headed straight for lunch and to my table sitting alone as I wait for Chelsea.

Chase being with another girl shouldn't bother me so much. I mean yes I like him but he isn't my boyfriend.  I can't control who he wants to be with. Besides, what if he doesn't like me and actually likes her? Which isn't a shock, Olivia is a beautiful blonde but her crappy personality kind of messes it up.

He isn't mine.

Yet.

I groan laying my head onto to the table. I shut my eyes trying to clear my thoughts. I was so lost in thought I hadn't heard footsteps approach me.