Chapter 25: Heart to Heart

The movie ended ten minutes ago and all walk back to the car, but while everyone talked about the movie, I walked in silence. I was a little too preoccupied with my thoughts.

Of course out of all places in the world, I realized my feelings for Chase in a movie theater.

Maybe letting him in wouldn't be that bad. I can't blame everything on my father. I can't let what he did to my mom ruin my life as well. Not every guy is going to be like my father. Not everyone is going to leave me. I had to let this go or else I am going to be alone forever...with cats.

I shudder at the thought.

Now that that problem is out of the way, I had another.

Chelsea.

She likes him. She had a crush on him for a while and for me to scoop in and admit my feelings like that for him wouldn't be right. I like him but I had to be a friend first. I'd never do that to her.

"Hey, you alright?" Jason asks cutting my thoughts. I blink snapping out of it and faced him. He was watching me confused. It was then I realize they all stopped talking and we now stood in front of the car.

"Uh-yeah." I lie. Jason gives me an uncertain look but shrugs it off.

I glance to the others to see them continue their conversation, except Chase. He watches me in concern. It was like he noticed something was off with me as well.

I quickly grab my keys and unlock the door. Everyone hops in as I climb into the drivers seat and shut the door. I let out a soft sigh, starting the car and driving in the direction of Aaron's.

~

Luckily I had remembered the way and pulled up in my previous spot. I got out, locking the door while everyone walks inside.

I had to push these feelings back and clear my head. I needed a moment of nothing but silence to get the old me back. I sigh irritated, leaning my back on the car.

"Are you alright?" His deep, rich voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I thought they all went inside, especially him.

I snap my attention to him with wide eyes. I suddenly felt butterflies swarm my stomach, watching as he slowly walks towards me. His eyes masked in concern, watching me over for an answer.

I nod not trusting my voice. I began to feel nervous around him. I never feel nervous, I am the rebel not some soft girl having crushes.

But you are also a girl. That annoying voice in the back of my head said.

I hadn't realize he stopped moving till he stood right in front of me. He was looking down concerned, leaving me helpless under his gaze.

"Avery?"

I had to prove I was okay, I can't show I have a crush on him.

"What?" I snap irritated. He looked shocked by my outburst but cleared it by replacing it with a look of confusion.

"Are you sure your okay?" He questions once more.

"I'm fine." I sigh, "Let's just go inside. Its cold." I tell him going around him.

"Where's your leather jacket?" He asks from behind me.

"Inside." I answer heading around the car and towards the front door.

"I'm surprised you left it. It seems to be the only thing holding up your reputation." He says knowing that was going to irritate me.

I whip around with a glare, "you're not much of a bad boy either, sunshine" I mock poking his chest. He smirks at my reaction and leans back with hands up in surrender.