New Roads!Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

I looked at the tavern, it was spacious, comfortable and wellcoming. Its personel was always smilling and polite. The clents were all smilling and laughing joyfully as they drank and ate with their friends and companions.

Many have to be Centiped members.

I knew that when i had posted my last video on the WoF all of the players that had promised to join Centiped had started gathering in Fridol, after the officialisation of the Guild, i often saw a player or NPC with a centipede insect symbol floating above their heads and names but since this was the Guild's HQ, many members must have been visiting it to receive missions or sell their loot.

In a dark corner of the tavern, i spotted the same man from yesterday.

I spent 2 hours in my inn room working on the Guild to test his patience. However sent him chose well...

As time passed i hesitated between getting to know the members better and risk attractîg the spies attention on them or keep working on the shops status in silence. Since i hadn't found a way to increase my shops popullarity, i decided to do the former.

I stood from my stool at the bar and approached an irregular group of three players, hopeping to make the spy believe i was talking to them out of curiosity.

One of them was a tall, dark brown furred Beastman with canine features. His ears were flopping on top of his head, bright eyes and sharp teeth were the first things you would notice about him. As an experimented combattant i noticed the large hamer strapped on his back, and the smaller tools attached on his belt.

He is an artisan! It's rare for a beastman player to choose a working class, they tend to inpersonate warriors...

His two other companions were elves. It had surprised me at first, but then i remembered that the beastmen and elven raced players all started at the same place. To reach Fridol they must have crossed Shambala and Braeen's Borders and traveled through the west of the kingdom.

Shambala was twice as big as Braeen but was covered by a luxurious forest. It was home to the numerous Beastmen tribes whom had divided it into smaller territories and the Elfes that lived in cities magicaly built among the trees. The Elves preserved the forest from war between tribes by serving as mediators durring times of need and conflicts.

Both race shared mutual respect for each other and, in times of war, allied against those who tried to harm their Great Forest, ancestral home to their people, culture and traditions.

"Hey. I am... new in the guild."

I was about to tell them my name when i realised that if they trully were members of Centiped, they might feel stressed to be in front of their Guild Master. On the other hand if they weren't members he would know by their reactions to his introduction.

To his relief the three players expression were both of understanding and friendship.

"Hi there Newbie!"

"Guee, Becket, give him a breack! Its not like you've been a member for much longuer than him!"

"Still, i have seniority!"

"Whatever, man!"

As the Elves were bickering, the Beastmen turned to him.

"Hey, i am IronClaws, obviously a beastman. This here, are Becket whose gaming name is simply unpronunciable, and his brother NuclearBoy."

"Pleasure to meet you"

As the three companions talked i realised that they had a slight English accent. I knew that New Roads! had gone planetary, using a brain patterns recognising program as some sort of instantaneous traduction program but it was he first time i had met a player connecting from outside of America. Granted we both talked english to starte with but it was still a new experience for me.