New Roads! Chapter 23

Chapter 23: how to reach 'la Zen Attitude'

1M, 3W & 6D until the tournament

I had two hours before my next day of trining with Elia so i decided to spend them managing Centiped. Sitting in my inn's bedroom, i opened the guild's window and started reading my messages.

The situation back in Jungo had been resolved, the healers, priests and physiciens i sent stoped the plague from spreading and cured those that had fallen sick. The medecin stock they had braught with them was sold in a matter of hours and a second shipment had been organised by the caravan's merchant. At the same time the guards affected to the carts relayed themselves so that some of them could take on quests and side missions durring their off time.

All in all, the trip had been a success.

One one the peddlers that was traveling from settlement to settlement had reported a group of trolls migrating and i sent a party of beginner players that were in the area to clear them.

Another caravan that regularly travelled on a set course had been attacked. It was the third time in a month.

I wouldn't have paid attention to it if four other carts that were traveling in a repetitive and set road had not also been attacked several times before this one.

Maybe some bandits have started to organise?

After looking at the map, i saw that the five wagons travel routes all departed from Fridol but went towards five different towns that were distent of several days travel.

it can't be bandits, yet its definitively organised...

I left the inn to go to the merchant guild. After a long conversation with one of the clercs (mostly spent convincing him that talking to the Master of a dirrect concurent was not betrayal) i understood that none of the merchant's guild caravans had been robbed.

It's definitly an attack dirrected at Centiped! But who?

My first thought would have been NoMercy. I was already under watch, they had massively joined the Great Tournament only because Centiped did... They were the perfect culprit.

Too perfect. Let's not fall into a trap and start a fight we cannot win. Especially since they are not the only Guild that we crossed.

Since we were ranked first in the player made guild charts it also ment that every other player made guild could be mad at us. (Author's Note: okay, i'm getting tired of writting 'player made guild' everytime. Its long, doent ring well and anoying to do it so from now on i will writte it PMG.) Before taking any desition i had to gather more information.

So i sent a message to every Black Ops Branch member.

It told them about my suspicion of organises attacks on the regularly scheduled caravans. I attached a map with the itinaries of all the regular caravans, their frequency, composition and what they usually transported.

Then i tasked them to keep an eye on them from afar and follow any lead they could find.

Who was behind the attacks, why they were doing it, any information about futur attacks and proofs of their wrong doing was what they had to find.

I indicated that retribution would have to be dealt with later, once all information and every man and women who had conspired against Centiped had been identified.

In clear, you can spy, tail and duplicate documents but no stealing or assassinating. That's for later.

I also changed a few of the soldiers that guarded regular transports with stronger, better equiped men, some were players.