New Road! Chapter 16.5

.

A small chapter that does not directly includes Ben.

Enjoy

WritteraAddictted

Chapter 16.5: the second video

It happened on April first.

One of New Roads! Wall of Fame top players, Ben Varrand, posted a video.

It was more than 13 hours long, its title was 'Ally of the Kingdom, part 1'.

Because of the date and the fact that this player had not posted videos since several months, the people who decided to watch it expected to see a mash up of jokes and failures for April fools.

It is the identity of its poster that convinced them to give it a try.

They were not deceived when they saw the famous Ben Varrand turn the tide of an siege from the back of a horse.

By the time the fight was over they were completely engrossed.

The video followed with a short discussion, the Murim's ring influence was shown through the inn keeper's confidence.

Ben accepted two quests, participated in the village mourning and went to rest.

There was a time jump as the video was showing him advancing through the hills, his nose stuck to the ground as he followed an unknown scent in his wolf form.

It was common knowledge that the ability to completely change into a wolf was exclusive to The Druids path and since no one had been able to find how to become a Druid, the other skills and attributes of the Druids path were still a mystery.

The apparition of the large black wolf was of great exitment to all that were watching and many viewers posted comments on the WoF, chat-rooms and some specialised websites, soon the number of people currently watching Ben's new adventure tripled.

Yet none had actually finished watching the video.

They tensed as they understood that Ben had been tracking other players, waited as he observed them.

The elven party was ironically using Ben's tactics to defeat the enemy soldiers.

Many had copied since the diffusion of the Expedition's journey, it but it was different this time since its original user, Ben, was observing the players copy it. This triggered another series of comments.

The sentinel were discretely dealt with and the elves entered the dungeon. Ben observed them for a while then started examining the small rooms on each side of the corridor.

As he did so, his greedy personality was once again exposed to all as the saw him hide the most valuable items from the elves.

When he reached the marble table, obtained procession of the Dolmen of the Druids, gained a maddening amount of stat points, learned a new skill and used it to transform into a horse, the viewers were simply ecstatic. This was like the continuation of Ben's adventure back in Djaden: close combat in a closed environment and numerical inferiority, never seen before Druidic magik...

Then Ben called the Wind Spirit, accepted a third quest and entered the secret passage under the monolith.

They saw him incapacitate Private Guardsmen of level 70 one after another, as if they were low level mobs, leaving them unconscious and bound on the floor. His regular use of the skill made viewers wonder what his maximum mana could be.

Then when he went into the last room, he started chatting with his enemies, taking all his time, just like back in the Druids Conclave. Granted, he rudely got punched once but he had managed to pass himself as a minimal threat while the bulk of the enemy force were dealing with his competitors and ended being alone with his main target.

The battle that followed was epic.

The precision and control that Ben demonstrated was impressive and his use of the hatchets, that was generally reserved to beastmen and thief based characters, surprised many, but the real event was when people saw the effect a series of concentrated hits in a single area coupled with a critical status could produce.

It was so devastating that Sendrix, a level 80 Humanoid opponent supported by thick and sturdy heavy armour was incapable of resisting more than four strikes.

The description of Sendrix's looted items were impressive. It was clear that Ben had hit jackpot.

He then lifted Sendrix and once again changed into a horse. It was when Ben was waving his hoof in the air that the oak door burst open revealing the seven elves ready to fight.

As everyone expected the two sides to battle they were both amused and disappointed to see them leave the secret tunnel together.

When Ben received the Wind Stone the people's first impression was that he had been cheated, however after reading the description window the journal update they were all jealous of him.

In an instant he became one of the top targets of most of the skilled thieves and red players, those who chose a artisanal Job decided to contact him to use the stone in one of their creations, gamers playing as mages, shamans and priests left trade propositions on Ben's WoF character's page and the rare players that had chosen the path of a merchant tried to contact him.

As he gathered as much loot as possible from the corridors rooms and left the Dolmen as a Horse, the viewers were still engrossed by the last battle, and the Wind Stone.

The trip back to the village was presented at 4 times its normal speed. They saw the elves chatter between themselves, Sendrix writhe on Ben's back and observed with curiosity as he tried eating a mouthful of lush grass.

When they reached the village, they saw the elven leader assist Ben by communicating with Vendor on his stead.

That is when they understood that she knew that he was a player.

Then Ben left to secretly change back and waited for Vendro in his inn. The two of them conversed about the missions and Ben accepted the next stage of the one called 'Ally of the Kingdom'.

It was a D++ class quest.

Once again comments flowed the WoF as the first D++ class quest of New Roads! had been revealed.

The video ended as Ben went to his rented room.

The last moments were an added text from Ben Varrand himself.

"I am verry interested in all Druid things.

If you know the location of books, items or places related to them please let me know."

The words were replaced by others.

"In my next video, 'Ally of the Kingdom, part 2', i shall tell you were to reach me."

"Thanks for watching the integrally of the adventure,

See you guys at Fridol,

Ben Varrand, player of New Roads!"

From this last image, many saw an occasion to meet face to face with the one that they considered New Roads! first celebrity.

Other took it as an opportunity to test themselves and try to obtain even one of his amassing loots.

However, a small group of players saw this as the promised officialisation of an ambitious project called Centiped.

All in all more than half of the seven thousand players currently in Braeen decided to go back to Fridol