New Roads! Chapter 6.9: the Western camp

Do you know the French expression "Jamais deux sans trois"?
Well now you do!
It means 'never two without a third'.
Once again, enjoy!

Chapter 6.9: the Western clearing

The sun was rising above the horizon, bathing the Western bandit camp in a rose light.
On one of the external wooden tree platforms, a lookout was looking East. From the approximate emplacement of their Eastern camp a thick black smocke was rising blackening the sky.
The archer had at first just looked at it with curiosity, but when a second black colon of heavy smoke rose from around the southern camp, he understood that something was wrong.
The outlaw lookout was holding his warning horn when a noise from the ground distracted him. he looked down and saw men passing under his tree like shadows.
The look out blared his horn with fright, grabbed his bow and pulled an arrow from his quiver. he was about to target one of the invaders when he heard a bow string being realised and an arrow soaring through the air.
A burning sensation spread from the men chest. Looking at it he saw a bloodied stone arrow head growing out of his belly.
Another bow string and arrow piercing the wind and the amp of another arrow suddenly stuck out of his chest.
Still he kept standing, his bow in hand.
Two, then three more arrows added themselves to his collection.
A sun ray lightened the outlaws platform and he was fully visible by all. the second arrow had exploded one of his lungs, causing his to drawn in his own blood.

In the bandit camp the horn had woken the bandits. they found themselves surrounded by demons looking like men that appeared then disappeared in a thick strange smelling, throat burning white smoke.
Slowly they lost their strength and focus. The demons had no difficulties cutting the men down.

It might have been more peaceful for them to never had woken up in the first place.

There you go, this was how the three bandit camps battles went!

Next chapter, the 7th one, we are back with Ben!To the second volume!
Finally, the Forest Ruin!