New Roads!Chapter 21

Chapter 21: how to prepare a Guild Event

Since i had spent so much time locked inside of the Training Hall i decided to finish the afternoon by doing a round of the city. As i walked through it, manyNPCs came to talk to me, most of them wanted to ask me to do a quest or simply wanted to talk to me. It took me a while to realise how much i had become famous and respected by Fridol's citizens.

A few of the NPC came to ask me if i was going to participate in the great tournament, since i didn't know of any tournaments i told them no.

I went to see my War Steed at the stables. It was a large and muscular mount with dark brown eyes and oburn red mane.

He was a beuty. I immediatly decided to keep it as my own.

The Mithrill, Chackram and Martial Artist Outfit were rare items, there was no way i would give them away.

The Gautlets and magical Herbes were less useful to me so i decided to transfer them into the Guilds pocesseion log and label them as 'reseved' until i knew what to do with them.

I took the time to check on the Guilds affairs, going through every single detail. When i was training i had regularly checked on everything but i wanted to really work on the guild now.

I saw that all the constructions and ameliorations were over and most of them were running smoothly.

Then i looked at the shops that had been making less proffits than i expected. Durring the last two month, i had tried several methods to increase the number of custumers.

Some shops had started to attract more clients, as i looked at their historics i noticed it was because i had made them more attractive and welcoming through the upgrade of the stores themselves. The properties had been decorated with rugs, paintings, scultures, carvings or simply a few plants.

Of course! The presentation matters too! No one will want to enter a crumbling, dark and dusty shop even if it sells the best goods in the whole Kingdom!

I immediatly set quests for painters, carvers, potters and tailors to further decorate all of the Properties and Shops of the Guild. I spent more than 150 Silver Coins to do this but i knew that, in the long run, they would be back along with interests.

Happy to have resolved my problem i went back to the inn. It had become a habit of mine to spend time with some of the Guild members before going to Train or resting.

I ate a slice a meat pie with a group of warriors back from escorting a merchant, shared a cup of mead with a couple of farmers and discussed with one of the waitresses about additional tables and chairs.

I was paying my last cup of alcohol when Shade, the barman, started talking to me.

"Say, Big Boss, are you planning on joining the Great Tournament?

"What tournament?"

"What tournament? You're telling me you haven't heard?"

"Heard about what?"

"The tournament! All the adventurers, warriors and combatant in Braeen have heard of it! The King is organising a great tournament in less than three months at the Arena!"

"What kind of tournament is it?"

The reason why i was asking was beacause every month, a small tournament was held, at the Capital's arena. The types of tournaments were diverse, including archery, swordsmanship, magical combats and hand to hand sparring. There had even been a few jouts and meles.

"That's the thing, Boss, a Great Tournament is all of the tournaments at the same time! The participants come by the hundred and the prizes, the prizes!"