New Roads!Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Training and Businessses

The next ingame days were the same. i held a food stand at the market place three times a day and followed the Training Hall instructors trainings the rest of my time.

I spent three days learning and sparring with short swords, long swords, claymores and every type of swords found in the Valarian continent. The final test was to defeat three Royal guards that used three different sword styles. It took me two tries to defeat them but it was worth it. The reward was the Parry skill, a lingot of the rare and expensive Mithrill metal and 10 extra points in Vitality, Strength, Endurence and Respect.

I had parried before, durring combat, but now that it was considered a skill, its efficiency would rise and optional effects would be added as i rised the skill.

The next one was theoretical and practical lessons about armors and protections, they were taught by a burly, middle aged man. We spend hours discussing the different parts of armors abd protective gears, from how to wear them, their advantages and inconvinience to how to bypass them durring combat, i then had to apply his teachings.

As i listened to his lectures i would sometimes be rewarded with an information window informing me that my inteligence had risen or that my Journal had been updated with cultural or artisanal knowledge of the armors i was learning off.

On the fourth day of the lectures, my instructor told me that we were done, i had finished his teachings. It surprised me as their had been no tests or trials. The reward was a pair of smooth leather and iron gauntlets, 10 extra points in Speed, Dexterity and Respect and the instructor's friendship and offer of his assistance if i was ever in need of his knowledge.

I took the rest of the day to grind the low level mobs arround the castle. Normally only beginer level players would do this, but i wanted to try my Chakram.

Thanks to the game system i managed to use it yet i did not feel i had mastered it. I spend the whole night throwing the weaponised circle at targets, switching to stronger, faster ones each time i felt i had advanced in the mastery of the Chakram.

When the sun started setting i went back inside the city's walls, i noticed a player, not far away, discretly watching me. I reconised from earlier, when i passed through the gates. I also remembered him from when i was training on a few rabbits...

As i walked through Fridol he followed me, i went to the central place and hid myself from the man's view. after a few seconds i saw him walk past me and look arround, obviously distressed to have lost me.

I am being followed... why and who?

Since my stalker was a player he could easily tell his boss that i had spoted him, so i decided to play dum. I left my hidding place and joined a group of people at a stand, facking to be interested by the wares displayed on it, talking with the merchant loud enougth for my follower to hear me.

As i resumed my wandering, i oppened the Guild's window and started timing a message destined to all of the members, NPCs included.

The message was the first one i had sent as the Guild Master and i wanted it to be simple and dirrect. I thought of how to express myself for long and took my time to type it up.

By the tome it was ready, here was what it said:

"This is my first comunication with all of you so i want to start by thanking you for joinning Centiped.

All of the founding members are aware of what i want Centiped to be and grow into, but for those of you that have joined us after its foundation, i want to tell you about it.